Renaissance, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia  » Hotels  »
128 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
  • When I noticed that one of the bedside table lamps were not working, a quick call to housekeeping/maintenance quickly rectified the problem in less than 15 minutes
  • That was amazing, considering how long hotels usually take to get their technicians up to repair the room
  • The only negative side about this hotel that I can think of is maybe some of the refurbishments appear a bit old and traditional but this is truly not a big issue or problem with me
  • If you are a tourist, you should definitely come to the Renaissance since you'd be hard pressed to find such a good hotel in the middle of the city centre
  • Convenient and great service, what more could you ask for

• by Dcsk

The Renaissance Hotel in Kuala Lumpur is located at 128 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur and is a stone’s throw away from the middle of the Kuala Lumpur city centre and its iconic Petronas Twin Towers. I had the privilege of staying at the Renaissance Hotel when I had a university alumni function there some time in 2007 , and I booked myself into one of their standard rooms for the night since I did not want to drive myself home after the event.

In summary, the room rates are pretty on the high end, but are not to say unaffordable. Of course, you could get a cheaper

hotel at some place else but dollar for dollar it is not that expensive. The rooms were spacious and clean and of course service as top notch as the Renaissance is a five star hotel from a very reputable chain. Therefore, I had high expectations for this hotel and it did not disappoint.

The positive things about the Renaissance Hotel, Kuala Lumpur which I liked are:-

1. The hotel rooms are very tastefully decorated and feel very ‘cosy’. A good choice of lighting makes the room feel very inviting and warm and you get that “home sweet home” feeling when you stay at the Renaissance.

2. The service that ...

• you get is top of the line. When I noticed that one of the bedside table lamps were not working, a quick call to housekeeping/maintenance quickly rectified the problem in less than 15 minutes. That was amazing, considering how long hotels usually take to get their technicians up to repair the room. As a plus point, the handyman was all smiles and even managed to have a pleasant conversation with me as he was fixing the lamp.

3. Location is great. It is walking distance from the Twin Towers and also the famous Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) shopping centre, for all my shopping needs. It is

about maybe 7 mins walk, maximum, although as KL weather can be quite hot, be prepared to sweat!

The only negative side about this hotel that I can think of is maybe some of the refurbishments appear a bit old and traditional but this is truly not a big issue or problem with me. In conclusion I would say that it is a good hotel that is worth your money. If you are a tourist, you should definitely come to the Renaissance since you’d be hard pressed to find such a good hotel in the middle of the city centre. Convenient and great service, what more could you ask for?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 216061144700630/k2311a0616/6.16.10