Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme  » Cosmetics  »
  • I am prematurely gray and noticed my first gray hair at age 15
  • At age 25, I had so many gray hairs, that I decided it was time to start coloring them
  • I don't have that problem with this product
  • Also, another think I LOVE about this product is the 'oil' packet

• by StarVixen

I am prematurely gray and noticed my first gray hair at age 15. At age 25, I had so many gray hairs, that I decided it was time to start coloring them. Needless to say, over the years, I have tried a wide variety of permanent haircolor products. One of the very first I used was Nice ‘n Easy which was easy, but not nice. My hairdresser told me to NEVER use that product as it contained metallic dyes which actually cut the hair cuticle while brushing. I only used it once!

Years have come and gone and as I mentioned, I have tried them all. Some are definitely better than others. A relatively new product and at this point is my favorite: Garnier Nutrisse. This haircolor is not expensive and I occasionally find it on sale. When I do, I buy all the

boxes on the shelf in my preferred shade. I love this stuff! I covers the gray wonderfully. I am 53 years old and according to my roots (since I have not seen my entire gray head in decades), I’m estimating that I am at least 75% gray and possibly more. UGH! Anyway, I have long hair, middle back length. I am a brunette and prefer the ‘Truffle’ (medium natural brown)shade. This is very close to my natural color as a teenager. The color is soft, never harsh and doesn’t fade or ‘over color’. What I mean by ‘over color’ is that I have used other products that upon root touch ups, they seem to turn my previously colored hair nearly black. Anyway, the root touch ups don’t match the color at my tips or on the length of my hair. I don’t ...

• have that problem with this product. The color is even, intense and very natural looking.

Also, another think I LOVE about this product is the ‘oil’ packet! It really works!!! The avocado oil makes my hair silky, shiny and incredibly soft. It feels conditioned and it doesn’t tangle. It is smooth and manageable. My hair actually feels BETTER after coloring than it did previously. Healthier, more nourished.

Another thing that I really like is the smell of this product. So many haircolor formulas gag me, have me coughing, burn my nose and eyes and I feel like I need to escape from the bathroom or purchase a gas mask. Even with the bathroom vent fan running, the smell is horrible. I have had my boyfriend remark as to what is that horrible smell??? lol What I have found about this product

is that it actually has a very pleasant fragrance. No more teary eyes, burning nose and gagging! Then, after the coloring process is complete and you have shampooed out the product, used the included conditioner…your hair will smell marvelous! Seriously…it smells wonderful. Even after drying, I can smell my own clean and beautifully colored hair. When I run the brush through it…the fragrance gently fills the air. It’s a nice clean fragrance, not overpowering, but very pleasing. I can even smell it on my pillowcase at night. I love it. I have had my boyfriends tell me…oh you smell good…when I’m not wearing any perfume and …oh your hair smells so nice! It’s true! It feels like a day at the spa! Even though coloring my hair is not one of my favorite chores…it certainly is more enjoyable when you achieve these results (and compliments).

Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Creme

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116061144690630/k2311a0616/6.16.10