Just Cause 2 game
  • The vast forest and the crystal clean water, it definitely looks like Crysis
  • In my opinion it gets too easy when you buy/find a tank
  • It gives the user a ENORMOUS freedom while doing things and the best thing is that it is endless
  • Yes, I agree that it makes the game fun, but they SUCK
  • To sum up, it is a game which is worth playing, though it gets boring really fast, so I recommend you to buy another game when buying this one, to play it when you get pissed off Just Cause 2

• by Jan

Just Cause 2 is developed by Eidos Interactive, which is a well-known brand with legendary games such as Thief&Deus Ex, Batman Arkham Asylum (which isn’t an old game but still a good one).

The Game was released in 26.03.2010 in Europe, so I had the chance to try it by the end of the month. So here comes my impression of the game…

Our character is Rico Rodrigues, as it used to be in the first part of the game. The name of the game actually exists as a real operation called Just Cause, against a local dictator in Panau, a fight for freedom.

The environment in the game is pretty beautiful island. To me, it looks similar to Crysis. The vast forest and the crystal clean water, it definitely looks like Crysis. I forgot to mention that the game is open-world, so players are free to explore and cause Chaos in any way.

I have to admit that the island is actually huge. There are lots of things to do and there aren’t any limits in doing it. You can choose your own way of transportation from one mission to another by just stealing a car/heli/plane/boat etc or via your black merchant dealer which pops from nowhere and just gives you the desired vehicle (if you have

unlocked them) against the right sum of money (believe me you always have money). Here comes the first awkward thing in the game. Actually that thing is so fun to use that you can do it all the time instead of doing missions. Whenever you jump off a plane,heli or even a not-so-high spot you are available to open your deployable parachute, then remove it, then open it and you can continue doing this till’ you hit the ground.

Doing missions remind of GTA. Kill this guy, save that woman, destroy those buildings,deliver this, take that… all of them boring stuff to do. Unlike other games where you just collect points, here you collect CHAOS points, which you receive by destroying things.In my opinion it gets too easy when you buy/find a tank :).

According to me the game is too easy when it comes to Health. I finished the game in a couple of days (i didn’t have time to play that long, but still it isn’t a short one). About the health: I died 4-5 times during the whole thing. You can always escape using your imbalanced hook, which I will comment later, or just kill everything in sight without running out of ammo, because dead soldiers drop tons of ammo… And when you are ...

• too low on health, you always find a first aid kit thing and fill your health to 100%!

Here comes my favorite part of the game - the hook on Rico’s left hand. It gives the user a ENORMOUS freedom while doing things and the best thing is that it is endless. When you see a tall building you just hook to it, when you see a chopper just hook to it, when you want to hook somebody to a building your hook is always there for you. And yes, you heard my right, you can use your hook against enemies too. It is my favorite thing because you can experiment with it. Let me give you an example: when you see 2 guys incoming, you just press the hook button while pointing one of them and then press it again while pointing the other guy. This will completely “paralyze” them and let you play with them. I will not continue with examples, because I don’t want to spoil your fun :). So go on and experiment, folks.

If I have to sum up the gameplay, here it is in a couple of words: awesome freedom&environment, and a sh*tload of boring missions.

Now it is time to talk about technical specifications. I tested the game on a i5 2,66ghz,

6GB ram and ATI 5700 series. After testing it on everything maxed out, I can say that the graphics are really close to excellent. Environmental details, human, cars etc everything is satisfactory, though I really gotta complain about the physics in the game. Yes, I agree that it makes the game fun, but they SUCK! When you hit something with a truck, even if you move with maximum speed you don’t change your track, but if you hit an ice cream car with a sports car you just fly like 200m away, but the car is still in a perfect health. As I said, it makes the game fun, but they have nothing to do with real life.

To sum up, it is a game which is worth playing, though it gets boring really fast, so I recommend you to buy another game when buying this one, to play it when you get pissed off Just Cause 2 :). Even tough you get bored when you play this game too long, it is also a good remedy when you are bored. Because in Just Cause 2 there is ALWAYS something you haven’t done, so go on folks and buy this game, trust me it is not the best one, but it is worth the money.

J.N.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2815061144561030/k2311a0615/6.15.10