Olay Total Effects Instant Smoothing Daily Serum  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was so impressed with the Olay Total Effects Daily Moisturizing Lotion (gentle formula) that I wanted to go one step further and get the Olay Total Effects Daily Smoothing Serum as well to get the maximum benefit from the series
  • I have a very sensitive oily skin prone to occasional breakouts and it’s a wonder that in spite of using a serum and a moisturizer, which in my opinion is a lot of products, my skin has not shown any adverse reactions
  • I noticed that for me an unbelievably small amount (the size of a pepper) of the serum is good to cover the whole face and neck and even if I use a wee bit more it will feel like used too much
  • Other than that it is a truly amazing, quality product that lives up to its sky-high claims without costing a fortune
  • I highly recommend this serum for a skin you never thought was possible to achieve without going for a cosmetic treatment

• by true_value

I was so impressed with the Olay Total Effects Daily Moisturizing Lotion (gentle formula) that I wanted to go one step further and get the Olay Total Effects Daily Smoothing Serum as well to get the maximum benefit from the series.

I have a very sensitive oily skin prone to occasional breakouts and it’s a wonder that in spite of using a serum and a moisturizer, which in my opinion is a lot of products, my skin has not shown any adverse reactions. Prior to Olay I only used a sun block.

The price of the serum is the same as that of the moisturizing lotion. I paid S$30.00 for it at the drugstore.

The packaging of the serum makes it look like some kind of electronic gadget. It is a very tough package and takes a while to open, but it does look very sophisticated.

The serum itself comes in 50ml size in a semi transparent slim white bottle with a handy pump dispenser

that can be locked and has a cap over it. I loved the bottle features as it keeps the pump from getting accidentally pumped and the cap over it prevents any contamination.

Olay claims that the serum fights age in 7 ways: 1. Smoothing 2. Brightening 3. Tone enhancement 4. Spot minimization 5. Redness reduction 6. Gentle exfoliation 7. Pore refinement.

The Ingredients list shows a high level of Niacinamide, which is also known as vitamin B3, niacin and nicotine acid. This is probably the main most active of all the listed ingredients in the serum as Niacinamide is proven to improve the appearance of wrinkles, skin discolorations, reduces redness and improves skin elasticity. It also has high concentration of Dimethicon which is a type of silicon that makes the serum silky smooth and is said to improve the appearance of scars.

The fact is the serum does instantly smoothen skin, my skin felt silky smooth and radiant from the first day ...

• I started using it. I started noticing how fine my skin looked on both my face and neck. The pores looked compact and hardly visible after using it for just a week.

I have used the serum for over a year along with the Olay Total Effects Moisturizer and my skin felt and looked at least 5 years younger. And I do not use much makeup anymore as my skin tone looks more even. Well, I did not have any fine lines to start with thanks to my Olay total effects moisturizer which I has used couple of years prior to the serum I am in my 30s now and I still do not have a single fine line.

I use the serum two times a day once in the morning and once before going to bed. After cleansing my face I apply the serum all over my face and neck. I noticed that for me an unbelievably small amount (the size

of a pepper) of the serum is good to cover the whole face and neck and even if I use a wee bit more it will feel like used too much. It feels like silk and absorbs fully into skin. It has a very mild fragrance, which is very pleasant.

The only thing that can be improved is the bottle. Although it works very well the pump is unable to dispense the serum when the product level reaches close to the bottom. I have to open the cap and try to scoop out the serum, which is very troublesome, but if I don’t do so a lot of the serum that can last for up to 3 more weeks would get wasted.

Other than that it is a truly amazing, quality product that lives up to its sky-high claims without costing a fortune. I highly recommend this serum for a skin you never thought was possible to achieve without going for a cosmetic treatment.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115061144370930/k2311a0615/6.15.10