Hicksville Ohio  » Other  »
  • I don’t really recommend living here if you love to be in the city or in highly populated areas
  • For a very small town Hisckville has an amazing park, it is huge and there is lots of stuff to do their
  • There is also a weight lifting room over there but I think that is there purely for the high school athletes

• by GoodEgg462

Is the perfect place to live if you are looking for quiet and really noting to do. It’s a great place to go if you have children and you are the type of family who is really into sports. They are pretty hardcore about their high school Football team. I don’t really recommend living here if you love to be in the city or in highly populated areas.

The town of Hicksville is predominantly white and there are a lot of church goers. Just off of the top of my head there are about 8 churches for your choosing in this very small town; so it is not a place lacking in religion. If I had to think of fun things you can do in Hicksville only 2 things come to mind- The Defiance County Fair and their Park. The Fairground for the county is located in Hicksville and the fair is there every year. When I was younger and in High

School the fair used to be awesome but they took out a lot of stuff that I liked. There are a couple of good attractions at the fair but nothing like it used to be.

For a very small town Hisckville has an amazing park, it is huge and there is lots of stuff to do their. There is of course a Pavilion and plenty of room for functions such as family reunions. It is home of the Hicksville High School football field, track, tennis court, public swimming pool, several baseball diamonds and a tiny area for skateboard ramps. There is also a weight lifting room over there but I think that is there purely for the high school athletes; I am not 100 percent sure. There are two play sets one for very small children and one that’s a little bit bigger for older children; it is a very nice play set.The park is dog friendly as long as you ...

• pick up after your pet and there is lots of free space where you can run around and play with your dogs. It came in very handy living in an apartment with two dogs and no yard of my own. Exercise for my dogs is a very important thing so I was grateful for the park and that it was right across the street.

You can pretty much get everything you need in Hicksville and most of the stuff is in walking distance. There is a grocery store- I personally hate that store because I think they are over priced. Three gas stations; one that is open 24 hours a day and also a 24 hour McDonald. There used to be quite a few bars but now there is only 1 (Charlies) and then clubs like the VFW and the Eagles. There are a few diners on the main drag in town. One is an Amish place, there is Chinese food

and a Subway sandwich shoppe.

It is your typical small town as far as gossip goes. If you sneeze wrong someone will know about it within 5 minutes; which I why I really never liked the place. It’s not really the place to live if you don’t want people all up in your business.

The High School is decent; I think they focus a bit too much on athletics (as far as budgeting) and the teachers/ staff can be very biased based on who you and your family are. They do have some really great teachers though, who don’t go for the whole popularity/favorites things. It is the only school I ever went to that didn’t offer Spanish as a second language. Although they do offer German and French.I lived in Hicksville for 9 years. Overall its not a horrible community but it just wasn’t for me because I was born in the city. Really nice if ya want peace and quiet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1215061144300930/k2311a0615/6.15.10