“Up in the Air” Film  » Movies  »
1.5
  • Well, I was wrong, this movie was slow, boring and depressing
  • The problem with the relationship is that she enjoyed the light relationship you can have with someone when you only meet in various hotels around the country
  • I think it is a interesting subject for a film but I did not think those being fired were well rounded characters
  • On the whole I found myself not caring what happened to those getting fired or to Clooney's character even when we find out someone he recently let go commited suicide
  • I don't think this was a terrible film, but I don't recommend it either

• by duckfan

I just finished watching this film. I had heard it was a good film and since it was nominated for a lot of awards in the award season, I figured it would be good. Well, I was wrong, this movie was slow, boring and depressing.

The whole movie is about George Clooney’s character who spends all

his time traveling on business. He joys the travel and he also enjoys not being tied down.

Traveling all the time keeps all his relationships at a distance the way he likes it, and once he gets the news he will no longer be traveling he needs to re evaluate his life and priorities. He decides to make things serious with the lady he has been having a relationship with.

The problem with the relationship is that she enjoyed the light relationship you can have with someone when you only meet in various hotels around the country. When Clooney’s character tries to get more from the relationship he finds she is married with kids.

...

This is where the movie gets sad. In this movie Clooney travels around to fire people.

I think it is a interesting subject for a film but I did not think those being fired were well rounded characters. On the whole I found myself not caring what happened to those getting fired or to Clooney’s

character even when we find out someone he recently let go commited suicide.

I never had any sympathy for the characters. The costumes and sets in this film are good.

The casting was great, the acting was wonderful but the plot and dialog were boring and they dragged on. I don’t think this was a terrible film, but I don’t recommend it either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1115061143990930/k2311a0615/6.15.10