L’Oreal Paris HIP Studio Secrets Professional Metallic Shadow Duo in Platinum  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love the classic smoky eye and I pull it off all the time
  • This one definitely has a more metallic grey so it gives a smoky eye with a nice hint of silver shine
  • I didn't notice how amazing this duo looked on my skin until I saw pictures of myself taken on a night when I had created a smoky eye with this duo

• by Intensify

On any given night at a club or party, the most popular trend in eye makeup is likely the smoky eye. This is a classic look that is both tried and true. You see it everywhere and you’ve probably worn it countless times. I love the classic smoky eye and I pull it off all the time. I have so many different palettes for creating a smoky eye. Some have really metallic silvers and others have more rich, matte looking shades of grey with really intense black. No matter the palette, it can usually be used to create a pretty decent smoky eye but some palettes certainly stand out above the rest. I recently purchased the L’Oreal Paris HIP Studio Secrets Professional Metallic Shadow Duo in Platinum to see how it compared to my many other palettes in creating

a really sexy smoky eye. This one definitely has a more metallic grey so it gives a smoky eye with a nice hint of silver shine. I love the metallic undertones because they do not look too tacky like a lot of other smoky eye palettes that just put glitter in the grey/silver portion to add pop to the look.

If I had to describe this metallic shadow duo in one word, it would be bold. This duo creates such an intense smoky eye. I didn’t notice how amazing this duo looked on my skin until I saw pictures of myself taken on a night when I had created a smoky eye with this duo. Like I said, it is so intense. What a dramatic smoky eye. I did not know that a drugstore brand was capable of creating such a professional looking smoky eye. I am definitely pleasantly surprised. Some people do not like such an intense smoky eye, but this duo can be toned down by using less of the silver shade or adding a bit of grey from another palette. You can go from edgy to soft in a mater of minutes. It is incredibly versatile. Blending this product is extremely easy. The shadows are very long lasting. I do not even have to use a primer to make the colors pop and stay in place all night. A test of a well pigmented mascara is one in which you do not have to use any primer at all to get the full effect of the color from the product. You get good coverage out of this product because it has amazing pigmentation. A few hours ...

• L'Oreal Paris HIP Studio Secrets Professional Metallic Shadow Duo in Platinum
      through the night, it hasn’t faded at all. It is absolutely gorgeous and the texture is wonderful. I do not get irritated by the formula at all. It isn’t harsh on my eyelids like some other eye makeup products tend to be.

One thing that I especially love about this product is that it does not matter whether I layer the metallic color above or below the black. It creates two very different looks, but both of these look good. The black isn’t so intense that the metallic can’t shine through and the metallic isn’t too shiny that the black is overpowered and obscured. I have a lot of fun experimenting with this duo and I almost feel like I create a completely different look each time I use it. I also vary pairing it with a deep black liner

or a slightly metallic liner to get any even wider range of looks. Because it is so versatile, I definitely feel like it could look amazing on any complexion. I have a darker complexion and it really helps my brown eyes pop. There are other HIP duos, but the Platinum duo is by far my favorite. I’m a bit biased though because most of the time, I rely on the smoky eye.

If you are also a fan of the classic smoky eye and are looking for a more inexpensive palette to create that dramatic look, go buy the L’Oreal Paris HIP Studio Secrets Professional Metallic Shadow Duo in Platinum. It is very blendable, has great pigmentation, and is long lasting. For the price, you can’t beat the quality it delivers. You can find this product in any drugstore for a very good price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3115061143600830/k2311a0615/6.15.10