Iron Maiden - Judgment Of Heaven (Song)  » Music  »
2.5
  • I will say right now that I do not like Blaze Bayley with Iron Maiden, I don’t think that he fit their style and I think Dickinson fits substantially better and that even Di’anno is a better fit with the band, I simply don’t like Bayley with Maiden and I’ll say that now
  • Another complaint I have with this lead section is that it sounds extremely empty, Maiden has three guitar players yet there’s one lead going on with no harmony, I can’t describe how empty it sounds and how two players are completely wasted in this spot where it could’ve been much better and much more interesting

• by Grimmy101

Judgment Of Heaven is a song by Iron Maiden which appears on their album The X Factor. I will say right now that I do not like Blaze Bayley with Iron Maiden, I don’t think that he fit their style and I think Dickinson fits substantially better and that even Di’anno is a better fit with the band, I simply don’t like

Bayley with Maiden and I’ll say that now.

That being said, I really don’t care for the vocals on this track at all, listening to Dickinson for so many years and then having to listen to Bayley is extremely restricting.

Whereas Dickinson is an operatic singer and has excellent range, Bayley honestly just doesn’t have the same versatility as Bruce Dickinson and simply cannot compare to him.

Vocals aside, even the music on this track is really nothing all that great, most of it is just sort of generic powerchords and I’ve come to expect a lot more from Maiden.

However, at about halfway through the song the track improves as the solos come in and then the lead guitar interludes which Maiden rarely ...

• Iron Maiden - Judgment Of Heaven (Song)
      ever disappoints me with.

Thankfully this can be said to slightly save the song, but despite this nice break of guitars, it simply isn’t enough to make up for the mediocrity of the bulk of the track.

with no harmony, I can’t describe how empty it sounds and how two players are completely wasted in this spot where it could’ve been much better and much more interesting.

Overall, the track strikes me as generic and nothing extremely special, but then again I may be slightly biased because I really didn’t like the work that Maiden produced while working with Bayley.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1415061143350830/k2311a0615/6.15.10