Turtle Beach Ear-force X1 Headset
  • I thought that he was just saying this because he couldn't play with the volume up loud on his television, however I was desperate and decided to buy myself a pair of headphones
  • After browsing on the internet for a while, I found that most good, reputable brands were all in the price range of £100-£200 and I was contemplating purchasing a pair at this price
  • Instead of buying a new xbox game, I decided I would buy the headphones, as the specs on the box looked comparable to those on any of the headphones I saw for sale online, costing around three times as much
  • I would definitely have paid over £100 for these headphones as they were worth their value
  • It will heighten your enjoyment from any game, film or song tenfold and I'm sure you wont regret purchasing them

• by Ryaku

A year or so ago, I got really into competitive gaming, playing for money and playing to win championships, however I always wanted something that would give me an edge in Call of Duty. One of my friends had mentioned previously about getting a good pair of headphones. I thought that he was just saying this because he couldn’t play with the volume up loud on his television, however I was desperate and decided to buy myself a pair of headphones. After browsing on the internet for a while, I found that most good, reputable brands were all in the price range of £100-£200 and I was contemplating purchasing a pair at this price.

However, when browsing in Game, a local video game store, I saw a pair of Turtle Beach Ear-Force X1’s for sale at only £40. Instead of buying a new xbox game, I decided I would buy

the headphones, as the specs on the box looked comparable to those on any of the headphones I saw for sale online, costing around three times as much. When I got home and plugged them in (Which was incredibly easy to do, due to the helpful instructions on the box), I inserted Call of Duty into the disc.

I’d forgotten to lower the volume, so when the title video played, I jumped off my seat . In the title video, people are being shot and bombs are dropping, things are exploding and it’s all very fast paced. These new headphones however made it feel like this was all happening right out your window, in the street.

It was incredible! While actually playing the game, the headphones pick up all the subtle noises which you don’t usually hear through a normal televisions speaker system and amplify’s them. This means you can ...

• hear people reloading, jumping, setting up the bomb, walking…even crouching which is completely silent through a televisions speaker system. This really gave me the edge online that I was looking for.

I would definitely have paid over £100 for these headphones as they were worth their value. After reading the instructions again, I found that they could be plugged into both laptops and PC’s. Now, when listening to music on my laptop, I use the turtle beach headphones, as their sound quality is superior by far to my laptops speakers, even though they are top of the range.

Another thing about the headphones is that they are so comfy, with their padded ear and head bands. It feels like you aren’t even wearing them. One drawback is that the headphones are powered through a USB connection.

This means that if you are using them on a laptop or pc, make

sure you have a free slot to plug them into. Although, this is a benefit to me, as it means I don’t have to buy any batteries. Finally, the microphone which comes attached to the headset is great.

It picks up and amplifies even the quietest of voices. This means that if parents/room mates/children are asleep, you can continue to chat to your friends over xbox live, msn, skype or whatever without disturbing them. It even comes with a switch that mutes your microphone, which easily allows for you to keep chats private between you and anyone else in the room, if they come to disturb you.

If you don’t already have a set of Turtle Beach Ear-Force X1’s, you are missing out and should really go out and invest the £40 to buy a pair. It will heighten your enjoyment from any game, film or song tenfold and I’m sure you wont regret purchasing them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1615061143070730/k2311a0615/6.15.10