Movie: Backwoods  » Movies  »
  • But, this film also made enough changes to make it interesting
  • I was very impressed with it and would definitely recommend watching it

• by Review Vigilante

My wife and I were watching the movie Wrong Turn last night on the SyFy channel when they advertised their film Backwoods. Naturally, I assumed this would be their version of Wrong Turn and didn’t think it would be any good.

The only reason we didn’t switch the channel is my wife wanted to watch it.

Turns out, she did the right thing.

The movie is a

bit of a rip off of Wrong Turn and, while watching it, I could see many of the same characters and some of the same plot points as the better known movie.

But, this film also made enough changes to make it interesting.

Basically, you have a bunch of executives on a retreat in the middle of nowhere (to do paintballing) and, while out, they are ambushed ...

• by a religious cult that thinks they are members of the FBI (because one was wearing an FBI hat for reasons that I never caught).

The men are tortured and killed while the women are raped and held hostage so they can give birth to children.

The escape from that underground fortress proved to be somewhat interesting because the computer programmers were doing things you wouldn’t expect

a computer programmer to be able to do.

And, I loved the fact they were smart enough to grab weapons and fight back while trying to escape.

Too many other victims just don’t do that in movies like this.

In other words, the movie was much better than I expected it to be.

I was very impressed with it and would definitely recommend watching it; especially since you can get it on DVD.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1114061142930630/k2311a0614/6.14.10