Movie: Stonehenge Apocalypse
2.5
  • About a week ago, I saw an advertisement for a SyFy original movie called Stonehenge Apocalypse that looked somewhat interesting so I set my DVR to record it
  • I think we didn’t really expect it to be a great movie

• by Review Vigilante

About a week ago, I saw an advertisement for a SyFy original movie called Stonehenge Apocalypse that looked somewhat interesting so I set my DVR to record it. My wife and I got around to watching it yesterday afternoon and, while OK, it wasn’t nearly as good as expected.

OK, perhaps that isn’t true.

I think we didn’t really expect it to be a great movie.

After all,

the premise is a bit much.

Basically, we are expected to believe there is some sort of machine that connects Stonehenge to a variety of pyramids around the world and, after so long, that machine will re-set the planet, causing volcanoes to explode and wipe out life as we know it; unless a key is in place to stop it.

The movie did have some moments because there ...

• is some action involving a cult that seeks safety in a pyramid (found in Maine of all places) and will do everything it can to make sure the Earth is wiped out so they can start over.

And, as always, the United States government’s solution is to destroy Stonehenge (because, apparently, we don’t have any scientific minds here, just a bunch of generals who want to use nuclear

weapons).

Like I said before, the movie was OK and it was somewhat entertaining at times.

But, compared to other original movies from this television station, it was actually a bit of a disappointment.

I’m glad I saw it on TV rather than waiting until it came out on DVD and renting it.

If you are thinking about watching this movie, I would suggest saving your money and doing the same.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1114061142920630/k2311a0614/6.14.10