Almay Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant  » Health  »
  • I decided to try something else recently when I found the Almay brand on sale
  • It was half off, so it only cost about $2
  • I wasn't used to this issue with the stick deodorant I usually used, but in the end it's worth taking a minute to let it dry to have it not get all over your clothes
  • Overall I would recommend this deodorant to anyone who is looking for an effective and gentle product that does what it is supposed to and lives up to its claims
  • Other than that I think it's a great product

• by mariekay

I had been using the same deodorant for years. My normal brand was always Suave since it was the least expensive of all the others and it worked fine. I decided to try something else recently when I found the Almay brand on sale. It was less than I was used to paying for the Suave brand, so I figured I would give it a try. It was half off, so it only cost about $2. I figured I didn’t have much to lose at that price, even if I hated it, I was only out $2.

I used the Almay deodorant the next day. Immediately I liked the fact that it was unscented, as I hated deodorants that had a perfume smell that

would mix with sweat when it was hot out. I always found that pretty gross, even with the “good” smelling deodorants, I didn’t like smelling them at all. The Almay brand was also different than what I was used to in that it was a clear gel rather than a white stick. This came in very handy for times when I put the deodorant on and then pulled a dark colored shirt over my head. With the white stick-type deodorants, they always seemed to leave lines or marks on my clothing. With this deodorant, however, there was not a trace of anything since it was clear.

Th deodorant seemed to do what it was supposed to overall. I still sweat on very hot days or ...

• while exercising, but the deodorant prevented under arm odor very well. The main thing that took some getting used to was that the clear gel goes on a little bit wet, so you have to give it a minute to dry. I wasn’t used to this issue with the stick deodorant I usually used, but in the end it’s worth taking a minute to let it dry to have it not get all over your clothes. Sometimes too much of the gel comes out and then I have to wipe the excess with a towel.

I also found this deodorant to be gentle on the skin under my arms. There was no burning or stinging, even when the area was freshly shaved. I didn’t notice any

irritation or rash like some other deodorants I have tried.

Usually it’s the scented deodorants that cause these problems, but the Almay brand didn’t cause any problems.

Overall I would recommend this deodorant to anyone who is looking for an effective and gentle product that does what it is supposed to and lives up to its claims. I plan to purchase this product again if I find it on sale. Even at regular price, around $4, the product is a good value because it works. I am only taking a couple points off for the fact that the product occasionally dispenses too fast and comes out in globs, and the fact that the product is so wet upon application. Other than that I think it’s a great product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414061142620530/k2311a0614/6.14.10