Herbal Plus Standardized Echinacea Extract  » Health  »
  • I have motion sickness pretty much any time I'm in a moving vehicle of any kind and I've even gotten sick on a hayride in the past, so when my friend told me that echinacea will help alleviate some of the queasiness associated with motion sickness, I figured it couldn't hurt, and also I know that echinacea is a good herb in general to take and is good for a variety of problems such as regulating your immune system to fight off sickness associated with flu or the common cold
  • It was a bit expensive, at about $15 a bottle, but it came with 100 pills, so when you consider all that, it didn't seem to be all that bad
  • But, when I went on the plane and took my seat and prepared myself for the inevitable queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach when the plane took off, I found that I was actually quite calm
  • I hardly noticed the take-off at all, and even when we hit some turbulence, I didn't notice anything at all
  • Though it was more expensive than most, it was still a three month supply, and I'll definitely invest in it again in the future

• by Anasuya

I was getting ready for a flight to visit a friend in Vegas and I was telling another friend of mine that airplanes always make me a little sick after the flight. I have motion sickness pretty much any time I’m in a moving vehicle of any kind and I’ve even gotten sick on a hayride in the past, so when my friend told me that echinacea will help alleviate some of the queasiness associated with motion sickness, I figured it couldn’t hurt, and also I know that echinacea is a good herb in general to take and is good for a variety of problems such as regulating your immune system to fight off sickness associated with flu or the common cold. I went to GNC, which I practically live at because I’m there all the time buying

things, and bought their Herbal Plus Standardized Echinacea Extract. It was a bit expensive, at about $15 a bottle, but it came with 100 pills, so when you consider all that, it didn’t seem to be all that bad.

You take one capsule a day as a nutritional supplement, so I started taking them about a week before I headed on my trip to Vegas. I didn’t notice any differences when I first started taking it, because as with most herbal supplements it has a very subtle effect unless you’ve been taking it for months at a time already. But, when I went on the plane and took my seat and prepared myself for the inevitable queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach when the plane took off, I found that I was actually quite calm. I ...

• hardly noticed the take-off at all, and even when we hit some turbulence, I didn’t notice anything at all. Sure, my stomach dropped a bit when the plane did it’s shimmying and shaking, but I didn’t feel sick to my stomach.

When the plane landed, I felt remarkably fine. I’ve been on a plane several times, and I’ve always been sick afterwards, but this time around I felt a-okay. I was amazed. I continued to take the echinacea extract when I was in Vegas, and the return trip was just as pleasant. And it wasn’t just that my stomach was calm, but that my whole body felt calm. I wasn’t even nervous at all, and I ended up doing some research to find that echinacea can help calm the nerves as well! What a great product.

I kept

taking the supplement for the next three months, and I noticed that I was feeling better and better every single week. I usually get a cold when spring hits, and never had one this time around. And I even noticed that my skin started to clear up as well, though that result happened around the second month, so I’d already been taking it a while. It’s just one pill a day unlike some supplements that you have to take three times a day, so it was easy to remember to take, and I really did see (and more importantly FEEL) the results before I finished the bottle. Though it was more expensive than most, it was still a three month supply, and I’ll definitely invest in it again in the future. Great for queasy stomachs and motion sickness!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3414061142000430/k2311a0614/6.14.10