Honda Odessy 2002  » Travel  »
  • I love my Honda Oddesy and would not drive anything else
  • The first problem is the traction control system

• by makeithappen

I drive a 2002 Honda Oddessy and I am a very happy camper. It now has 135k miles on it and is still purring like a kitten. I have had to make very few repairs on this out side of normal replacements. It drives like your floating on a cloud and is so quite sometimes you wonder if it is turned on. I love my Honda Oddesy and would not drive anything else.

The gas millage on my van is about 24 MPG. That is pretty good considering many of my friends who drive larger vehicles get much less than that. One of the features I love about this van is that

the rear seat folds down in to the trunk. It’s not hard to do; I am 120 Lbs. and 5′4 and I can still bring the seat up or down with ease.

When the seat is up you have lots of trunk space. The depression in the floor makes for more space. When the seat is down I can still carry 4 passages and LOTS of stuff. And I just love that! I am going to drive this van until it falls apart at the edges and there is no sign of that.

There are only two complaints I have but I still give my van a 10. The first problem is the traction ...

• control system. Now don’t get me wrong; it works like a charm. Basically if the wheels sense you might slide the sensors kick in and spin your tires at different speeds. You can feel yourself at the very beginning of a slide and instantly feel the vehicle auto correct. I have never had a major slide. I feel very safe driving this van.

The problem is that once the wheels get out of sink the lights on your dashboard stay on. The system still works but the lights never go off. It is a little frustrating that you would have to take it to a dealer every time it happened to get

that fixed. When i asked Honda about it they said it was a flaw in that model. But considering the gas millage is so good and I have never had to sink money in to repairs; well i can live with those lights on.

The second complaint is no big deal really. I am not very upset by it at all. But if you want to listen to music decently you will have to replace the original speakers and radio. Again, considering how cheap this van is I don’t mind that at all. I love my van and outside of those two problems its great. It is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3814061141490330/k2311a0614/6.14.10