Starbucks Coffee  » Restaurants  »
5860 Kingstowne Center Dr, Kingstowne, VA 22315
  • When ever I think of a coffee shop, I think of a place where I can do the things that I associate with drinking coffee
  • For example, I like to be on the internet on my laptop, I like to brainstorm and type a paper for a class, or I like to be writing my thoughts into a journal
  • The taste was sweet enough to be enjoyed like a dessert, but with a dash of bitterness that reminds me of the sophistication of a young adult
  • Now all it seems to focus on is expanding, and on a less negative note, coming up with interesting menu items

• by kirbystar7

When ever I think of a coffee shop, I think of a place where I can do the things that I associate with drinking coffee. For example, I like to be on the internet on my laptop, I like to brainstorm and type a paper for a class, or I like to be writing my thoughts into a journal. When I first started going to Starbucks Coffee, I felt like I had found the coffee shop where all my multitasking could happen.

Starbucks is possibly, if not the most, popular coffee shop franchise in the United States. There are even multiple Starbucks Coffee shops that can be found within the same shopping center of any area. A common product featured in movies, television shows, and books, Starbucks has quickly

become an icon in American culture.

When I first came to Starbucks, I always ordered the same thing: a tall Mocha frappuccino. I loved the cold, brisk deliciousness in a cup that reminded me of my favorite season, fall. The taste was sweet enough to be enjoyed like a dessert, but with a dash of bitterness that reminds me of the sophistication of a young adult.

More than the coffee, however, I enjoyed the atmosphere of a Starbucks Coffee shop. I loved that there were options for were I could sit. The was the outside of the shop, where I could chat with a friend over a warm cup of coffee in chilly weather, or the cold frappuccino on a hot summer day. Inside of the shop, the air ...

• was thick of the coffee aroma, blended with an eclectic selection of music to compliment the different kinds of people entering the coffee shop. There were tables for groups of friends to catch up with one another. There were more private tables for two people to discuss personal or business matters. My favorite are the tables or couches for one person, where I can be by myself in order to enjoy my coffee while taking care of any typing or writing that I have to do in a low bustling environment with music.

More recently, however, I feel that Starbucks has made less of an effort to work on its atmosphere. As it has gained a certain status in the American culture, it no longer needs to work so

hard on attracting customers, it already has them. Now all it seems to focus on is expanding, and on a less negative note, coming up with interesting menu items.

Aside from my disappointment with some of the atmospheres of more recent Starbucks Coffee shops, I continue to go to Starbucks because it has what I now need: soy milk based coffee. I discovered recently that I am lactose intolerant and so I no longer drink coffee with straight up milk. As I am also dieting, I no longer drink such heavy calorie drinks, but Starbucks has the skinny latte options for me, which are only ninety calories each. Overall, I am happy with the items on the menu that are offered, but I wish that Starbucks had the motivation it once did.

Starbucks Coffee

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 713061141270830/k2311a0613/6.13.10