Season’s Choice Shredded Hash Browns  » Food  »
  • These frozen shredded hash browns are pretty decent, although not truly delicious or anything like that
  • The crispy texture was pleasant and I was happy to find that these hash browns weren't too greasy
  • For just a dollar forty a bag, I'll be buying these again and since I enjoyed the shredded hash browns, I'm going to rate them an 8

• by CirclingCanvas

These frozen shredded hash browns are pretty decent, although not truly delicious or anything like that. The bag is twenty-six ounces, so there’s quite a lot of shredded hash browns in a bag.

Being made out of potatoes, hash browns really don’t have much flavor alone, regardless of whether they’re served at a restaurant or come out of a bag.

I see some people add ketchup to their hash browns, but I can’t do that because I always have hash browns with breakfast foods,

and ketchup doesn’t go with breakfast foods, at least according to my stomach.

I add some salt, but not a lot, because it’s a good idea to use as little salt as possible because excess salt can be a factor in developing certain health conditions.

What I was most concerned about was how these hash browns were going to come out after heating them up: were they going to be soft and soggy, or crispy? I was hoping for crispy, and crispy is what ...

• I got.

The hash browns were mainly crispy in texture, although some of them were on the soft side, which was okay, because I don’t mind a mixture of crispy and soft hash browns, as that’s how most restaurants I’ve been to typically prepare them.

The crispy texture was pleasant and I was happy to find that these hash browns weren’t too greasy.

There was some, but not a lot, and that’s a good thing.

Sometimes I can taste the grease when I order hash

browns in a restaurant, but not with these bagged hash browns.

They made a nice addition to my breakfast meal not so much due to their potato flavor, which was nice although nothing special, but because of their crispy texture and how filling they were.

Potatoes are filling, and hash browns are made out of potatoes, so they’re filling too.

For just a dollar forty a bag, I’ll be buying these again and since I enjoyed the shredded hash browns, I’m going to rate them an “8″.

Randy Tomlinson says :

re : For just a dollar forty a bag, I’ll be buying these again and since I enjoyed the shredded hash browns, I’m going to rate them an 8
    A good breakfast is traditional within our family circle. Season’s Choice Hash Browns are the best I and the wife have found. Just finished our first bag of them and we will go for more. Thanks for this great product.
    BETTER THAN THE REST

CrclingCanvas replies :

Starting off the day with a good breakfast is a great way to give yourself a head start on the challenges and work ahead of you. It gives your body and mind the energy it needs to overcome these challenges and tackle the work without having to worry about fighting off hunger at the same time, too. I think these shredded hash browns are a really good deal for the amount that comes in a bag and the quality of them. They go great with a variety of common breakfast foods and help leave one full and satisfied. I will continue to purchase and enjoy them, just as you and your wife have and will.

Bonnie says :

This product is almost like eating potato sticks (snack food) right out 0of the can. The producers of this product must be out of their minds or have no taste testerst to try the product before putting it on the market. I will say that I bought one bag, have tried them twice, and have decided that although I hate wasting food, I am throwing these out after I finish my plate of them with two fried eggs and 2 sausage links. I am not even going to finish this horrible breakfast.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713061141050730/k2311a0613/6.13.10