Boulder Three Hundred Count Nine Inch Paper Plates  » Housewares  »
  • I like them, and I like the price they're sold at

• by CirclingCanvas

I used to purchase my paper plates at Walgreens because I could sometimes get them, the Walgreens brand, for as cheap as ninety-nine cents for seventy-two paper plates. The paper plates were nine inches, just like these. When they weren’t on sale, they were around a dollar and thirty cents a pack. That was a pretty fair price and generally cheaper than what the other stores asked for plates of this size and quantity. Now though I purchase my paper plates at ALDI because they have a three hundred pack for just four dollars

and forty-nine cents, so I save a little money by purchasing the Boulder ones, although it’s admittedly not very much. Still, the paper plates sold under the Boulder brand have the same strengths and weaknesses as the ones sold under the Walgreens brand name.

The Boulder paper plates are nine-inches, so they’re big enough to hold a couple pieces of pizza or a hamburger and some fries or good size piece of cake or something. Plus, they are safe to put in the microwave too, which is a big convenience factor. Of course, the fact ...

• that these paper plates are safe for use in the microwave naturally means they aren’t real sturdy or thick. The plates that aren’t microwavable are typically the sturdier and thicker ones. That means that since these paper plates aren’t that thick or sturdy, care must be exercised to prevent an accident and mess from happening. Typically, I have to use two paper plates to prevent the bottom from getting wet due to something leaking through the material, like say grease. I also have to be sure to use two hands to carry the plate
        from two opposite sides in order to make sure the food doesn’t fall off the bending paper plate, because it will bend due to the weight of the food!

Despite the flaws, these paper plates are handy to have around the house because they help cut down on dishes to wash and dishwasher usage. The flaws these plates exhibit can be maneuvered around, either by doubling the plate or just being careful when carrying one. I like them, and I like the price they’re sold at. For those reasons, I’m rating these plates an “8″.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5313061140960730/k2311a0613/6.13.10