Bizu Patisserie and Cafe
3/L Glorietta 4, Ayala Center, Makati City, Philippines, Tel. No. (02) 757-2086
  • Despite of being a health buff and diet conscious, I love to eat
  • However, it takes occasional experience to like this type of meal
  • I like the quality and taste of their eggs
  • For the breakfast, the variation and the quality is what impressed me
  • The choices are spectacular and very amazing

• by Herrera212

Despite of being a health buff and diet conscious, I love to eat. Desserts and pastries are my top favorite and they always give meaning to some of my food cravings. Bizu is a Patisserie. According to the dictionary, it is a shop where French cakes and pastries are sold. Bizu has several branches. This particular branch that I am reviewing is in Greenbelt and is it exclusively a Patisserie. The branch in Greenhills is a bistro. I was interested with this pastry shop because it provides French confectionery servings. I am always interested in new stuffs and in culinary it is always important that you have vast knowledge of every cuisine.

This cafe serves breakfast both the continental and Filipino. Breakfast is served both in the Bistro and Cafe branches. Let me begin with their Continental-type of breakfast. There are choices of compote which is a fruit-preserve, together it is served with kefir, which is sour-tasting beverage made up from Cow’s milk and certain bacteria are added to it. This recipe

is called Trifle both in mango and blueberry variety. Also it is served with granola. This type of dish is the French part of their menu. I feel like eating Clara Ole preserves directly from my bowl. The kefir drink was something that I was not delighted about. It was sour and being new to it, I imagine drinking spoiled milk. However, it takes occasional experience to like this type of meal. My top pick for the French menu breakfast is their Muesli. At least this type is conventional for me being used as a cereal variety. The nuts and grains on it were crispy and of good quality. For the Filipino-type breakfast, they serve typical “beef tapa”, “pork tocino” and ‘longganisa”. There were choices for corned beef and chicken or pork adobo. Their longganisa has a unique blend of moderate sweetness. It is juicy and well cooked. I am keen about the softness of beef tapa in whatever restaurant I ate. Their beef tapa was really good and rich in ...

• flavor. My top pick was their corned beef because it tasted like fresh and homemade quality compared to most restaurants which serves canned variety. One might wonder if the classic breakfast scrambled eggs are offered here, surely it is. In fact there are several variety on how you would want it cooked. I like the quality and taste of their eggs. Another thing is the variety of pancakes and how they are cooked. It varies from simple to Western type and your choice of toppings from variety of fruits like banana, blueberries and mangoes. The pancakes were very palatable.

For the breakfast, the variation and the quality is what impressed me. When you eat here for breakfast, you will have a good morning start because of the delicious meal. Just acquaint yourself with the Continental-type servings because it may not satisfy your hunger. I suggest if your not a lover of it, stick to the traditional type of breakfast.

Since this is a Pastry shop, we have to mention the choices for

desserts. They have wide choices for French cakes. I was curious how do these cakes differ from the traditional cakes I have tried. The French variety does not use the traditional cake which uses flour. Most of the choices are mousse, genoise, cheesecake and tiramisu. This is the variety of French pastries. This is the uniqueness that you get from this cafe which you cannot find in other restaurant. My top picks for the cake selection are Roca and Samba. The common denominator of these pastries is the use of dark chocolate which I find unique. I seldom ate pastries which uses dark chocolate. They also served praline and truffles which is of various variety. The choices are spectacular and very amazing. To sum it up, the taste of their French cakes was extraordinary. It was something which satisfies you. It was not so sweet and it is soft and tender.

This place offers distinct, unique and world-class cakes and pastries. One thing that I have to remind you is that the price is expensive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 713061140700730/k2311a0613/6.13.10