Carolina Herrera 212 Men Ice (2010 Edition )
  • In my opinion, this is the most striking and the combination of the transparent ice casing reflected the majesty of black

• by Herrera212

The original version is one of my all time favorite smell. Obviously I coined my pen name from it. I have tried “Ice” editions when this was repackaged several times. I was waiting for Carolina Herrera to release a new perfume but this was the newest. There has been less new impressive scents that came up this year and like many others I am one of those who are waiting for more bold versions. I was not suppose to pick this because I am sure that there is nothing new besides what can be a bigger waste than to spend your money in an old thing with a new cover? But the packaging was striking for me that’s why I tried it.

The “Ice” editions were always enclosed in

a thick plastic cover which is designed to look like the perfume being frozen. This time it was bigger with the bottle of the perfume in black and the world ICE is bolder, more perceived than its earlier editions. Carolina Herrera did not use this color before. The first Ice edition was in color blue, then it was green, blue green and sunny colors. In my opinion, this is the most striking and the combination of the transparent ice casing reflected the majesty of black. The only thing stumbling is that it is too close to Kenneth Cole’s scent of the bearing the name of the same color.

Unlike its predecessor, this scent starts with spicy hints from pepper and then licorice. It was floral but a little spicy ...

• immediately. The previous editions and the original have citrus and common floral smell during the opening. This was different. Then violet was the middle notes. It smelled floral but heavier than usual because violet has this effect. Then when the scent dried down, there was musk and woody hints. Musk was used in the original edition and this brought the same effect in this new one.

The difference of this perfume is first its packaging. This one is more regal and formal. I would say you can easily smell of being humid or spicy from the color of the container. Then another difference is the lack of citrus smell and heavy light floral dry down. Musk is still visible and noticeable in this edition and it is the

only one responsible for the lightness of the fragrance. Licorice did an initial light introduction but faded like it was not important at all. The scent is a toss between pepper and woody smell but musk and violet played average intensity taming the scent and giving it hints which are pleasurable.

This is original for me because only musk is the only repeated notes. The package sparked a new contrast and it gave a new whole look to 212. It may still have Ice as its concept but quite contradictory to use a dark color which is for me is the uniqueness of this edition. It is not floral woody musk anymore but spicy. The woody dry down is what makes it masculine. The scent is a new breed of edition.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5613061140670730/k2311a0613/6.13.10