Real Player Plus  » Software  »
2.5
  • I'm not sure it's worth the cost, but I do recommend it for beginners

• by StarbaseOne

The upgrade to Real Player Plus (music software) for $39 isn’t really worth it (www. real. com). While I do like Real player, the free version does everything you need.

The Pro / Plus version does have a lot of good features. You can rip music and burn it to a CD, and you can also edit tunes. However, a lot of other programs can do this easier.

This software isn’t

so easy to use. It takes some time to figure it all out. Despite its claims that its simple and quick, I couldn’t find out how to record and edit at first.

It took me a few hours of trial and error to get it right. It is easy to use this program to load videos onto your mp3 player or ipod. It was as easy as pushing a few buttons.

However,

• again, it’s not such a special feature. Many other programs do this too. The features for burning DVD’s are simple and easy.

Once you get to that stage, you can author a menu and make it look nice, very easy. It isn’t the most professional or feature-rich DVD authoring software out there, but it is about the easiest. Your menus will have to be simple, but they can be done in a

few mouse clicks.

Very nice, very easy to do. One downside is that it keep making Real player your default for all media. I don’t like that.

I keep having to switch my win-amp and windows media items back to the windows media player. I’m not sure it’s worth the cost, but I do recommend it for beginners. It’s a good software program, just not so great for the price of $40.

I’ll rate this as average.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3013061140270630/k2311a0613/6.13.10