Safety 1st Security Alarm Safe Gate  » Baby care  »
  • However a con was that with one of our Safety 1st Security Alarm Safe Gates we did not need the extension that made it fit the door
  • When we wanted to move the gate to a different location

• by makeithappen

The Safety 1st Security Alarm Safe Gate was a really nice addition to our baby proofing ventures. It looked nice and fit well in to all sized doors thanks to it’s attachments. We live in a historic house with some strange side doors so that made this gate a blessing. There were good things about

this gate and bad things about it.

Pro, the gate fit in to all door sizes and an alarm went off when the gate was open. Con, the alarm scared out cat terribly and made him very skittish. I don’t have any dogs but I would guess it takes some getting used to for them as well. Weighing the two against each other the pro wins out. Our baby was a mastermind and could disarm most gates. The alarm going off was sufficient to let us know and keep baby safe.

Another pro was that it was easy to install with minor damage. I have tried other gates but some left damage ...

• Safety 1st Security Alarm Safe Gate
      to the door frames themselves. One example of this is leaving scuffs or even holes in the paint. But this gate left no damage to the door itself. However a con was that with one of our Safety 1st Security Alarm Safe Gates we did not need the extension that made it fit the door.
      When we wanted to move the gate to a different location; well it didn’t fit. And sadly we had lost the extension.

Over all I would rate this gate as a good buy for anyone with a young child. I would advise that parents store the gate extensions in a good place because they can be difficult to replace.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5413061140210630/k2311a0613/6.13.10