Sony BRAVIA KLV-S32A10 32 in.  » TV  »
  • Most people are signed up with Optimum, Time Warner (like me), RCN or VErizon Fios so a cable box will not be a big issue
  • Most broadcasted shows were very bright and clear, the HD enhanced my TV experience and made my purchase again worth it
  • The biggest flaw I found in this TV is it only has one set of component inputs

• by Gamer4u

The Sony BRAVIA 32 inch LCD TV is a flat panel wide screen LCD HDTV. It is a thin, silver unit with a small base that swivels, oh yea and it is as cool as it sounds. The resolution of the TV is 1024×768 which is pretty basic, but the TV carries it out so well that it seems almost like 1080p. Gaming on this TV is a blast as the picture is sharp and produces a clear image. This TV is expensive but if you look past a couple extra hundred dollars it will really last you a long time.

Out of the box, the TV image looks good, but not great. However, once home, the unit can be fully adjusted and a decent picture can be had. I can say this because I am a very picky buyer and when my wife convinced me to buy this TV, I was sure that when I got home with it I would make the resolution and picture look stunning. Fortunately, this TV’s capabilities allowed me to do that. Once I got my settings set up, my console and DVD player all plugged in I was ready to see how this TV would fare off. I must say that during

the DVD test, when a Pixar movie (Monsters Inc.) was playing, the TV showed excellent color with a fair amount of solarization. Essentially this meant the setting son the TV were set prematurely but when tampered with and perfected the TV showed a great final picture that made my purchase worth it.

It should be noted that for the TV to show broadcast HD, a separate tuner box is going to be required from your cable company. Most people are signed up with Optimum, Time Warner (like me), RCN or VErizon Fios so a cable box will not be a big issue. That said, the HD looked very good, very sharp. Most broadcasted shows were very bright and clear, the HD enhanced my TV experience and made my purchase again worth it. Simply said brights are bright and colors are rich. After further investigation, the darker, more muted stuff tends be the most problematic. However, I doubt your anyone will be keen enough to notice this unless that is they had a better HD TV prior to this or their observational abilities surpass most people.

To test how my consoles worked, I hooked up my PS3 with the setting at 1020i, since this TV is party full HD and part ...

• 720p HD. I felt that the games that ran at 1080p could have used a bit more clarity which was out of the games reach but games running at 720p or 640p ran beautifully. The character animations, model, explosions, minor details and the music was all magnificent.

The biggest flaw I found in this TV is it only has one set of component inputs. This is a really a shame since my DVD player support component out as well as the Xbox 360. And when Xbox 360 arrives, the decision will be even more difficult due to the native support of hi def in the console. I wish I didn’t have to be in such a predicament, so I am just warning you guys, this is possibly the bigget flaw in this TV’s design.

In addition to the component as S-video, the TV also supports HDMI, VGA, RF, and composite. This is not a big offering from Sony as I’ve seen standard TVs with more inputs that this. For those who want Picture-in-picture, look elsewhere. Unfortunately, this TV doesn’t support it. That is a mjor issue since Picture in Picture is a really helpful utility and lacking it just makes keeping track of lets say the world cup and

the Basketball Playoffs much harder

The speakers on the unit are not going to replace your home theater system and I’m waiting for the day when a company releases an HDTV without any speakers at all. They should lose the speakers, spend the extra money on better picture and let the home theater take care of the sound. Although it may be a while till this happens if it does it will be for the benefit of everyone, not just me because better picture quality is the reason I would bu a TV. They may not sound horrible, but they aren’t the cream of the crop either. The bass is weak and the midtones and highs are decent, but that’s about it.

For a good entry level TV this is not the choice. This is for those guys who need a second TV or their TV broke and their need a decent one fast. The price on this TV can run you about 1300 bucks which is a lot if you think about it but Sony has promised this TV will run longer than most LCD’s, for up to 15 - 20 years so I am hoping that this TV will be a good alternative in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1013061140130630/k2311a0613/6.13.10