Clash of the Titans (1981) Movie  » Movies  »
  • This movie is definitely not the best movie I’ve ever seen
  • It’s fun and interesting and I enjoyed it, but I liked it because it’s campy and silly
  • Overall, I recommend it to fans of campy old movies and if you like Greek Mythology

• by ReViewMeMedia

Clash of the Titans (1981) tells the story of the Greek hero Perseus, played by Harry Hamlin, who is the son of Zues, played by Laurence Olivier. He falls in love Andromeda, played by Judi Bowker. Perseus sets out on a quest to win Andromeda and fights monsters along the way.

This movie is

definitely not the best movie I’ve ever seen. It’s fun and interesting and I enjoyed it, but I liked it because it’s campy and silly. The acting is all right, Harry Hamlin isn’t the best as Perseus, but he does do a good job. Laurence Oliver is very good as Zues, but it’s not the best performance I’ve ever seen.

The visual effects are decent, but look rather silly now that we have computer generated images and better ways to create better effects even if models are used. Many of the creatures are stop motion puppets and while some of them look okay, the one that stands ...

• Clash of the Titans (1981) Movie
      out horribly is the kraken. It looks like a rubber version of Godzilla and is silly looking.

Overall, Clash of the Titans (1981) is a campy movie with decent visual effects and decent acting. The music is very good and it’s fun if you like old movies, you may not like it if you saw

the remake first though. Overall, I recommend it to fans of campy old movies and if you like Greek Mythology.

Clash of the Titans (1981) is available on DVD from MGM. You can buy it online at Amazon.com or at your local Wal-Mart. You can also check it out at your local library if it’s available.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1111061139840930/k2311a0611/6.11.10