Tiff ‘N Tam Accessories Jaw Clip  » Cosmetics  »
  • Unfortunately, I haven’t had a lot of luck in the past with finding hair accessories that I like
  • I found this massive display of jaw clips at Walgreens
  • I really love wearing them this way because it solves a problem I have always had with my hair
  • I love that I get instant volume at the back of my head where I want it without having to tease up my hair or use mousse or anything
  • Anyway, I definitely recommend these for all lovers of claw clips/ jaw clips or whatever you like to call them

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

My criteria for hair accessories is simple but very specific. They need to be comfortable to wear, hold my hair securely without pulling and they need to be attractive, that is I need to feel my looks are improved by wearing them. Unfortunately, I haven’t had a lot of luck in the past with finding hair accessories that I like. I have more or less abandoned barrettes and bobby pin style hair accessories. Jaw clips or claw clips are the exception. Sometimes these hair accessories are called claw clips. Either way, I have always liked this style of hair accessory because it holds my thick but fragile hair firmly yet without hurting it. The only thing is I don’t always feel they’re attractive enough to wear out. Otherwise, I’d probably wear them a lot more often.

I found this massive display of jaw clips

at Walgreens. They were on special for two for three dollars which I felt was a steal. There were lots of colors and styles, but the ones that drew my eye were shaped like butterflies. Because of the way they’re designed all claw clips remind me of butterflies anyway. But, here they took it one step further and actually incorporated a butterfly shape into the design. So clever! The mechanisms that I squeeze together to open the clip are the wings and the hinge in the middle is the body of the butterfly. They open easily but are strong and comfortable to wear at the same time, which I’m grateful for.

Now, these particular clips are taller than others I have owned. That means they sit very high on the head. They look kind of crazy perched on the side of my head or on ...

• top because they stick out too much. So I only wear them one way. I gather my long hair up at the back and use the clip at the nape of my neck. I really love wearing them this way because it solves a problem I have always had with my hair. For some reason my hair is flatter at the top than the sides or the bottom. I hate this because when I wear my hair down in humid weather it often takes on this ugly triangular shape, like in the Cathy comic strip. The way these clips gather up my hair at the back I get a much better and more flattering shape. I love that I get instant volume at the back of my head where I want it without having to tease up my hair or use mousse or anything.
        This is great for me because I don’t like spending a lot of time styling me hair and I don’t have a lot of luck with styling products anyway.

The downside is that these butterfly ones are by far my favorite, and they don’t seem to come in very many colors or styles. I wish there were more to choose from. Still, I like them so much that I probably will wind up buying more.

I know I’m probably in danger of being known as the butterfly lady if I wear these too often, but maybe that’s a small price to pay to find a hair accessory that actually works for me. Anyway, I definitely recommend these for all lovers of claw clips/ jaw clips or whatever you like to call them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111061139790930/k2311a0611/6.11.10