Movie: The Shakiest Gun in the West
  • And, I’m not sure, but I think one of the women early in the movie was Aunt Bea’s best friend on the Andy Griffith Show
  • If you are looking for a good comedy western that isn’t named Blazing Saddles, this is a movie I would recommend to you

• by Review Vigilante

I recently discovered I could load one of my childhood favorite movies on our Netflix instant watch viewer and, last night, for the first time in years, I watched the movie The Shakiest Gun in the West. I remembered this being a great movie full of comedy and action.

And, guess what, it was.

I’m still not a huge Don Knotts fan.

But, he was fantastic in this movie, which had him starring as a dentist turned gunfighter who marries a former outlaw turned government agent and then moves west with her on a wagon train (she helps him build a reputation of being good with a gun despite the fact he can’t hit the broad side of a barn).

If you watch closely ...

• enough, you’ll see quite a few recognizable actors in the background.

I, for one, saw William Christopher (Father Mulcahy on MASH) and Pat Morita (from Karate Kid and Happy Days).

And, I’m not sure, but I think one of the women early in the movie was Aunt Bea’s best friend on the Andy Griffith Show.

When I started this movie last night,

I figured I would have to watch it in two parts and finish it up over the weekend.

Instead, I was so caught up into it, I ended up watching the whole thing last night and just went to bed late.

If you are looking for a good comedy western that isn’t named Blazing Saddles, this is a movie I would recommend to you.

It’s great, funny, family fun.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1111061139590930/k2311a0611/6.11.10