Knorr Fiesta Sides Taco Rice  » Food  »
1.5
  • I like tacos on occasion, so I thought that maybe I'd like this particular Fiesta Side from Knorr
  • Basically then, I tasted a whole lot of cheddar but not much else in this Fiesta Side, and that disappointed me
  • Most definitely not one of my favorites from Knorr and not worth a dollar, either

• by CirclingCanvas

I like tacos on occasion, so I thought that maybe I’d like this particular Fiesta Side from Knorr. Turns out though that this Fiesta Side doesn’t really remind me of tacos and it also didn’t impress me all that much, either.

What this Fiesta Side essentially is is rice, cheddar cheese and taco sauce.

The triple combination of flavors could have worked had the taco sauce actually contributed something to the Fiesta Side rather than

just make the Fiesta Side somewhat watery.

The taco sauce didn’t taste like much, and maybe that was due to the rich cheddar cheese flavor.

Cheddar is a pretty strong cheese after all, so perhaps the taco sauce simply was overshadowed by the cheddar cheese.

At any rate, there’s was a hint of spiciness to the Fiesta Side, but that hint was far too weak for my tastes.

As I said, the cheddar cheese was pretty ...

• dominating in this Fiesta Side.

It was anything but weak! The cheddar cheese was rich and coated much of the rice.

Rice doesn’t exactly have a lot of flavor, and it has even less flavor when cheddar cheese is added to it.

Basically then, I tasted a whole lot of cheddar but not much else in this Fiesta Side, and that disappointed me.

I liked that the rice was somewhat firm and not overly soft,

but that’s all I got out of the rice’s presence basically because of how strong the cheddar was.

I wish that the amount of cheddar cheese would’ve been toned back some and a better taco sauce would’ve been used instead.

At any rate, the Fiesta Side didn’t do much to satisfy me and that’s why it only gets a “3″ rating from me.

Most definitely not one of my favorites from Knorr and not worth a dollar, either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2711061139050830/k2311a0611/6.11.10