Sainsbury’s Non-Applicator Super Tampons  » Health  »
  • I bought a box of 16 of the Super variety which are for a medium to heavy menstrual flow
  • For the price, I think these are not bad at all
  • I thought when it came to absorbency, that these tampons were pretty effective and I had no problems with leaks at all
  • I did have one problem with these though which will probably make you laugh
  • So unless, like me, you would prefer a particularly smooth non-applicator tampon, I would recommend these rather economical tampons

• by jeanne71

These Non-Applicator Tampons were the cheapest tampons in Sainsbury’s and they are from their own brand. I bought a box of 16 of the Super variety which are for a medium to heavy menstrual flow. For the price, I think these are not bad at all. I think the most important quality a tampon should have is its absorbency and whether it absorbs the menstrual fluid evenly, as opposed to leaking because the fluid has run down the side of it and straight out. I thought when it came to absorbency, that these tampons were pretty effective and I had no problems with leaks at all. I did have one problem with these though which

will probably make you laugh.

The tampons are individually wrapped in a easy to open, clear cellophane wrapping. You just hold it at either end and twist and the wrapper breaks easily in the middle so you can remove it. The main thing that lets these tampons down for me is that when you get them out of the wrapper, they look somewhat fluffy. I have tried other brands of non-applicator tampons that are definitely smoother and possibly have some coating on them to make them easier to insert. These Sainsbury’s tampons are compacted, like a Lil-let for example, but they are not quite as smooth. This leads me onto the problem I had with them.

I ...

• am generally not too keen on non-applicator tampons because I find them hard to insert when my flow is not too heavy, as it absorbs the moisture as I am trying to put one in. With an applicator tampon, I do not tend to get this problem of course. This is the case generally for non-applicator tampons but as these Sainsbury’s ones are not so smooth and do not have any coating on them for easy insertion, at certain points in my period I have found them difficult to insert as far as they should really go. Unfortunately, as I have a bad cough at the moment, there have been times when I have coughed and the
        damn thing starts edging out. This is worrying when I am walking down the street as you can imagine!

As I said, I think these tampons do absorb menstrual fluid evenly and effectively and I have not had leaks even though I have not been using sanitary pads as well, except at night. My periods can be heavy and at night I would always use a towel too for extra protection as even a super plus tampon would not be enough when it is at its heaviest, so these tampons perform as well as most brands in respect of absorbency. So unless, like me, you would prefer a particularly smooth non-applicator tampon, I would recommend these rather economical tampons.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411061138990830/k2311a0611/6.11.10