Selera Malaysian Cafe in Auckland
487 Khyber Pass Road, Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand
  • When I went into Selera the first thing I noticed was it was really busy
  • It cost about $15 for a main meal and there is a huge variety of food to choose from
  • I'm a big fan of seafood so I ordered the butter prawns and I was happy with them
  • The food tasted great and the friends I went with enjoyed their meals as well
  • I would recommend Selera for groups of people going out for lunch or even students

• by urbanbeaute

When I went into Selera the first thing I noticed was it was really busy. Which surprised me. I hadn’t made a booking so I had to wait about fifteen minutes before I was seated.

Price wise I was really pleased. It cost about $15 for a main meal and there is a huge variety of food to choose from.

I’m a big fan of seafood so I ordered the butter prawns and I was happy with them. What I was concerned about is that it would be too spicy, but it wasn’t. The food tasted great and the friends I went with enjoyed their meals as well.

In terms of the restaurant itself it was really nice to look at. They ...

• kept the place tidy and the colors were bright and inviting. The only downside is that because it is bright, when it is full of lots of people it seems a bit overwhelming. I would prefer a quieter place and won’t be coming abck here.

Yes the food was good, but it was not outstanding. I would recommend Selera for groups of

people going out for lunch or even students. Those that are willing to pay a bit more for better quality and a nice atmosphere should go elsewhere. I actually went there because I read a review about it in the paper, the restaurant does not warrant the praise. Again I will say it is good but nothing out of the ordinary.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 711061138870830/k2311a0611/6.11.10