Providence Memorial Hospital  » Health  »
2.0
2001 N Oregon El Paso, TX 79902
  • I know I had to send my mother out one time and my boyfriend out one time to ask the nurse to get me what I needed
  • The thing that I really enjoyed was the fact that they contract with the photography company
  • The prices were affordable, so I decided to purchase them

• by adrean_j

When I gave birth to my daughter I had a stay in Providence Memorial hospital. I can say it wasn’t the most pleasant stay, but I guess it wasn’t the worse one either. I had a cesarean so had to stay in the postpartum ward for about three days. The room wasn’t too big but there was a pull out chair for my boyfriend to sleep in. There was a clear television. The room itself was comfortable to me, but not to other people coming in and out because it was so small. Most of my guests had to stand and squeeze in the room to see the baby. They had

to take turns sitting in the one chair in the room. When I first got into the room it was hard for me to access my baby because the baby bed did not roll around. I didn’t understand why they would stick this bed next to the wall when I just got out of surgery. How can I get up and tend to my child?

When I stayed there I did have some problems with the nursing staff. I literally had to call for my pain killers multiple times before someone would actually come into the room. The nurses either were overwhelmed with too many patients or they were just having fun ...

• at the nurses station. I know I had to send my mother out one time and my boyfriend out one time to ask the nurse to get me what I needed. I can say this place loved to play the waiting game.

The food at Providence was much better than any other hospital food I have ever had. They actually gave me a menu to decide what I wanted. I know many of the other local hospitals don’t do this. You have to eat what they bring and it is usually not so appetizing. This hospital is good for the actual babies that are born. The pediatric nurses did their jobs

and my baby had everything taken care of before it was actually time to go. I have had problems with other hospitals waiting until the last minute, which takes longer for the mother to be discharged.

The thing that I really enjoyed was the fact that they contract with the photography company. The photographers come to the rooms individually and take professional pictures of the newborns. This is really great, because yes I have my own camera, but nothing is better than professional pictures. The prices were affordable, so I decided to purchase them. All in all the stay was okay, but what have been better if it weren’t for the nursing staff.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3411061138420730/k2311a0611/6.11.10