Gold Coast Cigarettes  » Other  »
1.0
  • For the past seven years I have been an avid smoker, unfortunately for me
  • One day I noticed some cigarettes on sale named Gold Coast
  • When I thought about it more, I decided that these cigarettes didn’t even taste okay to smoke twice as many
  • Regretting this bargain purchase, I thought maybe I just have to get used to them first
  • New smokers, who don’t know any better can probably smoke these cigarettes with no problem

• by adrean_j

For the past seven years I have been an avid smoker, unfortunately for me. Because prices always seem to be rising, I often try to buy the cheapest cigarettes I can find. I also tend to look for two for one deals. One day I noticed some cigarettes on sale named Gold Coast.

I figured I would give them a try. They can’t be too bad I thought. I have smoked multiple brands and I am usually not very picky.

I got the
      cigarettes in menthol, because that is what I smoke. I was pretty excited the whole way home that I had gotten some cigarettes at such a bargain price. Finally it was time to smoke one.

When I first lit the cigarette, I really couldn’t decide how I felt about them. I continued to puff and realized that these Gold Coast cigarettes, smoke lighter than lights. Now these are not supposed to be light.

I could not find the words light or mild anywhere on the package. So now I am thinking, I am going to have to smoke double the cigarettes, because these are just too light. It literally felt like I was inhaling funny tasting air.

When I thought about it more, I decided that these cigarettes didn’t even taste okay to smoke twice as many. Whenever I took a hit, it left a weird after taste. It is hard to explain the taste in words.

I would say it tasted kind of like ...

• Gold Coast Cigarettes
      when you smell old garbage. Now in my mind I’m thinking, I have this whole pack of cigarettes; I paid for them, so I have to smoke them. Regretting this bargain purchase, I thought maybe I just have to get used to them first.

After smoking them through the evening, I could not get used to them. It was so bad that I had to actually go out and waste more money to buy another brand. I’m not saying that the Gold Coast cigarettes are bad for everyone, but they are definitely bad for me.

I gave the remainder of the cigarettes to my sister. She didn’t have a problem with them, but she is a new smoker. New smokers, who don’t know any better can probably smoke these cigarettes with no problem.

I would not ever purchase these cigarettes again unless I absolutely could not afford anything else. Of all the cigarettes that I have tried, I can honestly say these were the bottom of the barrel.

Richard Reiser says :

I would like to know why these cigarettes are being discontinued. I know a lot of people who are not to happy about this decision. Your taking away a fair priced and smooth tasting cigarette. Please reconsider this choice

Galega says :

Gold Coast Cigarette has not been discontinued. It was unavailable for a short duration. It has again been launched worldwide. In fact, In India, it is currently considered a premium cigarette and is available in all metro cities.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1211061138270730/k2311a0611/6.11.10