Zombie by Joyce Carol Oates  » Books  »
  • Thank god for the library, because if I paid money for some of her books I'd be extremely upset
  • Quentin is clearly a madman, but the way Oates writes the book-like it was Quentin's diary is very interesting and you are pulled along for the ride, whether you want to go or not
  • I think her inspiration for this book was Jeffrey Dahmer-the cannibal killer

• by missreadalot
      I have never read a book by Joyce Carol Oates before in my life, but now I am a sit-on-the-fence fan. I could take her or leave her. Some of her books I finish-some I rip through.

Thank god for the library, because if

I paid money for some of her books I’d be extremely upset. Zombie is one of the exceptions.

Zombie is the story of Quentin a serial killer and convicted sex-offender (out on parole). I couldn’t put this book down, and here is why.

Quentin is clearly a madman, but the way Oates writes the book-like it was Quentin’s diary is very interesting and you are pulled along for the ride, whether you want to go or not. He logically and calculatingly plans his crimes like he is shopping ...

• Zombie by Joyce Carol Oates
      for a new car.

He is trying to find the perfect friend, unable to find one. He decides to make one.

By kidnapping available suspects and giving the ice-pick lobotomies to create a zombie who will love him and do any thing for him.

Stalking and killing victim after victim, Quentin is left to continue his rain of terror on the town.

I think her inspiration for this book was Jeffrey Dahmer-the cannibal killer. This was a good read and it was short and to the point.

I highly recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172612113820331/k2311a1226/12.26.06