Netfirms internet hosting  » Internet  »
  • On the plus side, it is a cost effective service
  • Finding everything in the Control Panel is no problem
  • Slow server, and inefficient email program I do recommend Netfirms as a host, but only if a speedy site isn't important to you

• by StarbaseOne

I’ve been using the Netfirms internet hosting service for two years (www.netfirms.com) , and while I am basically happy with the service they provide, I have some complaints. Here are some pros and cons.

On the plus side, it is a cost effective service. I only pay $4.95 per month to have my site hosted with them, and I get a lot of space. I get 10GB of space to build my site, and I only used about 20% of that for a complex site with many

graphics. This gives me loads of room to expand my site with pictures and more pages. I get a huge 500 GB of traffic usage, and each month I use about 2% of that. That’s a a lot of bandwidth. I also like that they have Joomla built right in. That made the site building very easy, as the Joomla program is right on the server. You don’t need to install any program, just go online and build your site.

Their customer service is also excellent. They answer ...

• emails quickly and professionally.

However, their net server is very slow. It sometimes takes 30 seconds, and sometimes 1 or 2 minutes, for each page to load when a visitor goes to my site. Also, their email system is terrible, almost useless. They give you several mailboxes, but their email program is the worst. It’s difficult to use, very very slow, and has very few features. There is also no way to filter spam emails. I got around this my forwarding my email from them to my

yahoo account. This helps a little bit, but its still a downside. Logging into the back-end is easy, but also a bit slow. Finding everything in the Control Panel is no problem; it’s well organized.

Summary of Netfirms Pros: Joomlas installed right on the server, good customer service, good price, loads of disk space and traffic allowance.

Cons: Slow server, and inefficient email program

I do recommend Netfirms as a host, but only if a speedy site isn’t important to you. It’s excellent as a first or second site (if you are starting out) to work with.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2111061138170630/k2311a0611/6.11.10