Health Screen Specialists  » Health  »
  • However, the technician found a small simple cyst on my right kidney

• by Purple Leaf
      If you ask your doctor for these tests, you might get them done for $300 at the hospital, but you might not even be able to get it done. Doctors have to show accountability to insurance companies that the test was actually warranted because of symptoms. But in actual circumstances, often a person does not show symptoms until a condition has progressed, and is serious. At a Health Screen Specialists screening, you can get eight tests for $45 each, or all eight for $159.

The tests are: Carotid Artery Exam, Abdominal Aorta Exam, A. B. I.

Exam,

Thyroid Exam, Liver Exam, Kidney Exam, Gallbladder Exam, and Spleen Exam. I had all eight exams done. When I got there, I checked in, and filled out a simple form, and wrote a check for $159.

I had to wait about 15 minutes before my name was called. After that, I really didn’t know what to expect. I didn’t know if it was going to hurt, like in blood tests, or whatever else that may be uncomfortable.

But, all tests were noninvasive, and no more uncomfortable that the squeeze of a blood pressure cuff.

• Most of the test were with cold gel, and the probe of a sonogram on the outside of your body. Best of all it only took 10 minutes.

When I was there, most people were leaving, without any conditions found. However, the technician found a small simple cyst on my right kidney. So, now I am awaiting instructions from my doctor, but the technician said he sees it often, and many times it isn’t anything to worry about.

One thing I really liked during the examination is you are told right away the results of

the tests, and then when it is complete, they explain it to you. I have had other tests that a lot of time is wasted worrying about the results of a tests. And while the test is being done you try to interpert the results by the look on the technicians face.

But not with Health Screen Specialists, you are told right away. They are based in Texas, but go around to churches, and other locations for the screenings. My screening was done in Georgia.

Watch for advertising of a screening near you, or check their website www. healthscreenspecialists. org

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342612113750331/k2311a1226/12.26.06