Movie: Nightmare on Elm Street  » Movies  »
  • When it comes to classic horror movies, I can't imagine making a list of the best without including A Nightmare On Elm Street
  • I think if I were to site one franchise of movies that turned me into a fan this would be the one
  • John Saxon is also amazing as her father who is disbelieving of his daughters statement that Freddy is killing her friends in their dreams
  • Wes Craven created a detailed, intersting character and gave the audience an interesting scenario for him to thrive in

• by AmethystTear

When it comes to classic horror movies, I can’t imagine making a list of the best without including A Nightmare On Elm Street. Wes Craven gave audiences a whole new kind of killer when he unleashed the charred murderer into the dreams of teens in the mid eighties. I think if I were to site one franchise of movies that turned me into a fan this would be the one. The original movie that started it all still stands

as the best simply because its scary and in this one Freddy is truly scary. While in later films he would become a jokester throwing up as many one liners as he did viscious deaths.

I loved the whole concept of a killer who hunts you in the privacy of your dreams. In the first couple of movies the best scares were delivered because you didn’t know if what was happening was a dream or not. I can remember several ...

• times where the line between dreams and reality blurred allowing for some of the best scares of the movie. The cast of the film was acceptional as well. Heather Langenkamp gave Nancy a strong sense of character and we believe her fear and her determination to figure out what was going on. John Saxon is also amazing as her father who is disbelieving of his daughters statement that Freddy is killing her friends in their dreams. There is
        also know getting around the fact that seeing a young Johnny Depp is always a pleasure as her boyfriend Glenn.

Overall, Nightmare on Elm Street is deserving of its standing as a modern day classic. It’s scary, smart and original. Wes Craven created a detailed, intersting character and gave the audience an interesting scenario for him to thrive in. I can’t imange many people who haven’t seen the movie but if your are one of the few, get it now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1111061137400530/k2311a0611/6.11.10