The Rolling Stones - If You Need Me (Song)
  • I will admit that the guitarwork is extremely simple yet at the same time it establishes such a nice rhythm that I can’t help but like it, the organ, which unfortunately is quite low in the mix, is another nice touch to the overall sound of this song

• by Grimmy101

If You Need Me is a song which appears on The Rolling Stones’ EP, Five By Five. I’m aware that If You Need Me is a cover so I won’t really comment on the structure, lyrics, or anything like that but I will comment on the execution of the track by The Rolling Stones.

After listening to the song at a glimpse I’d almost say

that it reminds me a lot of early Beatles’ covers and originals, when I hear this song I can almost imagine The Beatles doing a song in a very similar fashion with Lennon singing in the place of Richards.

Right from the start, the track opens up in a very melodic fashion and right away, a ballad rhythm is set which stays constant throughout the ...

• song.

Richards takes a melodic approach with the vocal delivery which fits pretty nicely.

I will admit that the guitarwork is extremely simple yet at the same time it establishes such a nice rhythm that I can’t help but like it, the organ, which unfortunately is quite low in the mix, is another nice touch to the overall sound of this song.

Again, since this

is a cover I can’t say anything about the structure, but I’ll just briefly mention that the structure is extremely straightforward and wastes no time getting right to the bulk of the music, explaining the quick two minutes.

Overall, a nice enjoyable sounding song to listen to which isn’t extremely impressive to any extent but at the same time is very easy to just enjoy listening to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1410061137080530/k2311a0610/6.10.10