The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Ain’t No Telling (Song)
  • I’d say that overall, just the rhythm of this song is what really impresses me, Hendrix’s lead guitar parts just work very nicely with the bass and drum parts throughout this track as well which is why I believe the flow on this track is so good
  • Although it may not have the same depth that some of Hendrix’s songs have, this song certainly has an excellent rhythm and groove which could stand up to a lot of his work in my opinion

• by Grimmy101

Ain’t No Telling is a track by Jimi Hendrix which appears on Axis: Bold As Love. This track is extremely short at only two minutes in length and the song wastes no time getting right into the bulk of the music.

I can describe the track as being very driven, particularly from the guitar section, but the overall groove of the song, as with most Hendrix

songs, is simply excellent.

Obviously Hendrix was a great guitarist but without the rhythm section of Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell, Hendrix wouldn’t have had the same type of groove or rhythm in a lot of his songs, and I can likely say that Ain’t No Telling would’ve been one of the songs which would’ve suffered.

Again, the track is extremely short but it still seems ...

• like there’s a lot of great riffs and parts in this song, which there are indeed.

I don’t like songs where time is wasted getting into a part or a new section but Hendrix doesn’t do that at all here: all of the transitions are instant and the entire flow is just excellent.

I’d say that overall, just the rhythm of this song is what really

impresses me, Hendrix’s lead guitar parts just work very nicely with the bass and drum parts throughout this track as well which is why I believe the flow on this track is so good.

Although it may not have the same depth that some of Hendrix’s songs have, this song certainly has an excellent rhythm and groove which could stand up to a lot of his work in my opinion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1410061137010530/k2311a0610/6.10.10