Iron Maiden - Wrathchild (Song)  » Music  »
  • Although I did really like Di’anno, I think that he really could only benefit Iron Maiden for so long before their music just began to start to call for a vocalist who was less of a raw singer and had a bit more versatility to him
  • Wrathchild then continues on with that same opening riff which Harris introduced surrounding by some excellent guitar riffs and solos, which are things which I’ve now come to just expect from Iron Maiden and have rarely ever been disappointed

• by Grimmy101

Wrathchild is a track by Iron Maiden which appears on their record Killers. Keep in mind that Killers was still an album where Iron Maiden had Paul Di’anno rather than Bruce Dickinson so the vocals on this track lean far more towards a punk sound rather than an operatic sound.

start to call for a vocalist who was less of a raw singer and had a bit more versatility to him.

Wrathchild opens with a rhythm played by Steve Harris which I can only describe as being extremely bouncy.

As I said, Di’anno offers sort of a punk delivery in his voice, and he does that on this track which obviously gives the track a good amount of attitude to its sound.

Also, throughout the ...

• track there are some guitar leads occurring which are something to be paying attention to as well.

Also, to go back to a point which I already made, if you were listen to Iron Maiden’s guitar solos then you would probably hear some neoclassical influence on them which is another reason as to why I think that Dickinson just sort of fit better with the band overall than Di’anno.

Wrathchild then continues on with that

same opening riff which Harris introduced surrounding by some excellent guitar riffs and solos, which are things which I’ve now come to just expect from Iron Maiden and have rarely ever been disappointed.

Although I did spend some time on this review talking about Dickinson was probably better overall for Iron Maiden, I will say that Di’anno does an excellent job on the vocals for this track and the aggressive delivery they called for certainly fit with his voice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1410061136980530/k2311a0610/6.10.10