NYX Concealer in a Jar  » Cosmetics  »
  • I really did not like how it smells, but since I only use a little, I think it will do
  • I have never regretted the fact that I bought this product online
  • But I will definitely be buying this again

• by dzzy21rn

I recently bought makeup from NYX cosmetics and this is the first time that I have tried to use the NYX concealer in a jar. People have said that this is a dupe of the MAC studio finish concealer (which costs roughly $14, so when I saw that the price was just $3, I immediately ordered a pot to try. I ordered mine in Beige, without actually knowing what my shade was! I just bought it online through cherryculture.com. I keep on seeing from other people’s reviews that if you are an NC30, you can get the Beige shade or the Medium shade.

The pot is fairly small, and I cannot see from the pot itself how many grams of product it holds. The consistency of the concealer is a bit waxy,creamy and not as hard as the MAC. It smells like a medicinal cream or an ointment for burns. I really did not like how it smells, but since I only use a little, I think it will do.

I used my concealer brush and pat

the product on my undereye circles. I think the color I bought was a little to light for me (the Beige one). When on the skin, the product is easy to blend, and is a little bit creamy. Once you put it on your skin, to make sure it blends better, try to pat on your skin after putting it on with brush. It seems to work for me. The concealer blended well, a little light, but okay, and after some patting, I put powder to set it.

Now the test. The MAC usually can withstand sweat and water. So I tried this when I went out to go shopping. Usually I sweat a lot especially when I fit too many clothes in a cramped fitting room. But voila! In the midst of the fitting and the sweat, the color stayed! With MAC, the color tends to oxidize and after a few minutes to hours, my undereye circles look their worst, being orange-ish and all! This concealer stayed BEIGE, and with setting powder, staying power is good.

• I only have to do minimal retouches in a day! We are also renovating a house, and since I cannot go out without makeup I sometimes just have to use a concealer and powder (just to hide my undereye circles, which are hereditary and really bad!). So at 38-39 degrees Celsius in the heat without electric fans, I’d be really, really sweaty! However, upon checking myself in the mirror, my NYX concealer stays put..and unless I rub it (which I don’t), it will stay as long as I wanted! And I couldn’t stress the color enough! The color did not change, did not turn into orange after some time.

It sometimes tends to sink in my lines though, so since I have really dry skin, I often use an eye cream to make sure it glides well when I put it using my concealer brush. For those with minute lines under or around the eyes, this MAY tend to sink in the lines. Better use an eye cream and a good setting powder.

So I have

thrown away my old MAC concealer and kept this product. Even if the packaging is small, the product can last you a long time because you only need to use a little. I think it’s highly pigmented. I really liked the fact that this product is so cheap yet it works well! It may not be perfect, but it does cover my flaws, zit marks, and undereye circles without oxidizing and changing to orange. Removal is easy too. I only use my usual cleansing oil without any problems.

I have never regretted the fact that I bought this product online. This product does its job very well. One thing I did not like about is that it’s not readily available in the Philippines. Caused me a little bit of a hassle just to have it shipped. Plus, you can never be so sure about the correctness of the shade because you cannot try it before buying it.. and of course, it has the tendency to sink into fine lines. But I will definitely be buying this again!

NYX Concealer in a Jar

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110061136560430/k2311a0610/6.10.10