Great Wall  » Travel  »
Beijing, China
  • On the next day about 7 in the morning in the lobby area, I noticed that there were two other couples holding similar travel vouchers as we had
  • I think that the best time to visit this place is in the spring and autumn as the weather is mild enough
  • What I like about Great Wall is that there are three lines of handrail along the stair to help visitors to go up and down safely, and its location which is not very far from Beijing is also an advantage
  • The coach was excellent, admission fee and lunch was included in the travel cost which was only 130 yuan per person

• by Pusaka

Great Wall may be claimed as the most famous landmark in China. Many travel organizers around the globe offer sight seeing trips to this place of interest. Each time I visited Beijing for business, the host always puts trip to Great Wall in his or her agenda. During my last visit, I extended my stay as my wife came to Beijing to join me. She certainly would like, among others, to see Great Wall.

As there was no travel desk in

the lobby area of the hotel where we stayed (Ya Yun Cun Hotel, No.8 Beicheng East Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing), we then asked the reception about booking a trip to Great Wall. She advised us that she could help in booking the seat for us with as little as 10 yuan administration fee for the next morning trip. On the next day about 7 in the morning in the lobby area, I noticed that there were two other couples holding similar travel vouchers as we had. We were then directed to a coach. It took us about two hours to Great Wall.

The scene of Great Wall and surrounding areas are very good. As Great Wall was constructed across hills and valleys, it has stairs with numerous of steps. There are many souvenir and food hawkers around. When we were there in October, there were many visitors both locals and foreigners. I think that the best time to visit this place ...

• Great Wall
      is in the spring and autumn as the weather is mild enough. What I like about Great Wall is that there are three lines of handrail along the stair to help visitors to go up and down safely, and its location which is not very far from Beijing is also an advantage. One thing I do not like is that all souvenirs are overpriced. Although visitors can negotiate, they still may spend too much than they should.

The coach was excellent,

admission fee and lunch was included in the travel cost which was only 130 yuan per person. There are, however, some points I should report here. The guide in the coach could not speak any English, and the coach stopped at three unnecessary places such as a Chinese medical centre, an amusement centre, and a traditional snack store. The coach also stops at Ming’s tomb, but this may be good enough for some visitors to see an ancient tomb of Chinese emperor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3810061136530430/k2311a0610/6.10.10