Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow in 11 Sultry Smoke  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I bought this Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow in 11 Sultry Smoke because they looked like really great eye shadows to make a dark smokey eye and plus that these eye shadow set came with a liquid eyeliner
  • When I do dark smokey eyes, it also consists of black, gray and a light white on my brow bone for highlighter so the blue definitely confused me

• by JCandyce

I bought this Revlon Color Stay 12 Hour Eye Shadow in 11 Sultry Smoke because they looked like really great eye shadows to make a dark smokey eye and plus that these eye shadow set came with a liquid eyeliner. I had tried the liquid eyeliner that was also in the Revlon Color Stay line and it didn’t work that well for me for the most part so I wasn’t really convinced that these eye shadows were going to last for 12 hours. And after trying these eye shadows, turned out I was right.

This set has 4 eye shadow colors, a very light purple shade, a dark blue shade, a dark shade of black and then an even darker shade of black. I couldn’t really understand why they would include a dark blue with the rest of these eye shadows instead of

a gray or maybe even a white. It just seemed weird that they would include a dark blue. When I do dark smokey eyes, it also consists of black, gray and a light white on my brow bone for highlighter so the blue definitely confused me.

Applying the eye shadows were easy, like I normally do I applied the eye shadow with my index finger instead of an eye shadow brush. The eye shadows blended together really nicely. These eye shadows are very pigmented and don’t need a lot of layering, they’re very true to color. These eye shadows aren’t too powdery and then don’t cause any fall out underneath my eyes at all. They also didn’t crease at all, they just faded away, which was good because I rather have it fade then crease because eye shadow that creases definitely looks worst ...

• then fading eye shadow.

About 3 hours after I applied the eye shadows and I looked at my eyes, I saw that the eye shadow was fading a little bit and then the color was noticeably lighter than before. It’s only been 3 hours and already it was wearing off, because of that I just knew these eye shadows weren’t going to last for no 12 hours.

These eye shadows do not last for 12 hours, probably with an eye shadow primer maybe but definitely not by themselves and this eye shadow palette does not say anywhere on it that you need an eye shadow primer and you shouldn’t have to have one, these should last for 12 hours like they said they were suppose to do.

The only good things about this eye shadow palette is the colors are great, except for

the blue, and they really do make a great looking smokey eye and that looks great when I first apply it but if I use these eye shadows again, I will definitely be using an eye shadow primer first but I doubt that I will use them again, especially not anytime soon. I have better eye shadow palettes where I can apply the eye shadow without an eye shadow primer and it does last for a really long time by themselves. They also, like I mentioned before, Don’t cause nay fall out, apply nicely, and very true to color.

There are way better eye shadow palettes that you can get, I’ve tried many eye shadow palettes, some by drugstore brands and some higher end brands and both definitely have way better eye shadow palettes then this one. I’m giving this eye shadow palette a 4.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319061135490830/k2311a069/6.9.10