Mai Thai Auckland Thai Restuarant
57b Victoria Street Auckland 1010, New Zealand
  • This time I went with a friend and as there was only two of us I think we got the raw end of the deal when it came to seating
  • It was a bit on the hot side in terms of spices yet it was so delicious I couldn't stop myself from finishing my meal
  • At about twenty dollars for a main I was happy with the pricing too
  • Overall this was a great experience aside from the seating
  • I would recommend the place to professionals and families looking for a special meal

• by urbanbeaute

I hadn’t been out to dinner in awhile and we decided to go check out Mai Thai. It’s a popular Thai restaurant and I’ve been there a few times. This time I went with a friend and as there was only two of us I think we got the raw end of the deal when it came to seating.

When we arrived we were seated

right in the middle of the restaurant on this tiny wobbling table. However the staff were very friendly and we didn’t have to wait long for a table.

Although I must say for a restaurant that was near empty, the staff too their sweet time to come and get our order. I ordered the Pad Kra Po and was very happy. It was a bit ...

• on the hot side in terms of spices yet it was so delicious I couldn’t stop myself from finishing my meal.

At about twenty dollars for a main I was happy with the pricing too. However next time I go might book in advance to ensure I get a better table.

I also like the location of the place as it is very close to everything and it’s

easy to park at Sky CIty and walk down for dinner.

Overall this was a great experience aside from the seating. I would recommend the place to professionals and families looking for a special meal. It’s not the type of restaurants I would take kids to however as it is very busy and it seems like most of the patrons are ready for a night on the town.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 79061135170730/k2311a069/6.9.10