The Luxe Number 2- Rumors- Anna Godberson  » Books  »
  • It's extremely interesting, but of course, like a lot of teen girl novels, catty beyond repair
  • I thought that it was the last one and everything would end happily
  • Her plot line is pretty good, but her writing skill isn't amazing
  • The author of course does this purposefully so the readers will really get a view of this novel, and I think it works so well

• by Lola

The Luxe is one of those series I just found in the bookstore and decided to pick up. It’s extremely interesting, but of course, like a lot of teen girl novels, catty beyond repair.

I’m reviewing the second title in the series, Rumors: A Luxe Novel.

Rumors picks up where Luxe dropped off, with Elizabeth.

gone! Although Rumors starts off slow like Godberson’s first book, the speed picks up, and then you’re at

the end saying WHAT?? Personally, this book surprised me a lot! I thought that it was the last one and everything would end happily… oh no it doesn’t! Godbersen adds twists and turns in this novel every page! I didn’t like the writing though; sometimes it felt as if she picked a nice word (such as clavicle) and used it throughout the whole chapter…a lot.

That’s my biggest pet peeve in this ...

• series- Godbersen’s lack of word choice.

Her plot line is pretty good, but her writing skill isn’t amazing.

This book is quite emotional and I almost felt like crying at the end.

It’s extremely sad, and you realize how catty girls can be.

Sometimes during this book I want to tell the characters to ‘SHUT UP AND STOP BEING SO MEAN!’.

But of course, I can’t.

The author of course does this

purposefully so the readers will really get a view of this novel, and I think it works so well.

I can’t imagine teen girl books without such amazing character development.

Overall, Godbersen gets points off for her writing, which truthfully is quite horrendous, but her plot gives her additional brownie points.

I hate her cliff hanger ending, but I guess it does want me to keep reading.

I can’t wait until the next Luxe book!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 179061135110730/k2311a069/6.9.10