Selecta Ice Cream: Coffee Almond Cookies
  • Knowing that the freezer is full, I know I am bound to eat up all the ice cream before it melts
  • I decided at that moment not to eat dinner anymore
  • I think I expected too much from this ice cream
  • That is the problem of forcing yourself to eat the whole tub
  • I must admit I enjoyed eating the ice cream this time

• by sikat

My cousin would attest to the fact that I started nagging him about buying me this ice cream flavor ever since I saw the ad on TV. He never budged so I made a mental note to buy it for myself the moment I had the money. When I saw it in stock in my favorite grocery store, I grabbed the 800 ml tub. Too bad there was no smaller size. This one costs Php160.

I went home with the intent of consuming the ice cream with the rest of the family. When I got home, everyone was out. Knowing

that the freezer is full, I know I am bound to eat up all the ice cream before it melts. I decided at that moment not to eat dinner anymore. Just imagine the amount of calories I am consuming! The first bite was good. There are proportionate amounts of almonds and cookies I can taste in a spoonful. I am partial to mocha ice cream so the coffee flavor is to my liking. The first few bites were good and there was a generous amount of almonds. However, there were times that the almond’s thin inner casing can ...

• be distracting when I eat. It adds texture to the ice cream, though. I think I expected too much from this ice cream. Add to it the mounting pressure to consume it. Admittedly, I was not able to enjoy like I wished it to be. That is the problem of forcing yourself to eat the whole tub. In my head, I was telling myself that I am not eating ice cream again for the next two months.

Life is funny like that. Days after, my grandmother came to visit and sent somebody to buy ice cream. Guess what flavor

that person picked? Coffee Almond Cookies. I know it is impolite to refuse such a treat. I ate a few scoops. I was eating moderately and there was no pressure to finish a tub. I must admit I enjoyed eating the ice cream this time.

This is a nice flavor to try if you are in the look out for exciting flavors. However, if I have a choice I’ll try another flavor since I already tried this one. Right now, I am thinking of getting the Very Strawberry by Selecta. I guess I am never satisfied when it comes to ice creams.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 279061135080730/k2311a069/6.9.10