Movie: Let The Right One In
  • A Swedish film that is being remade in the United States, I thought this movie was a strange combination of scary, tender and heartbreaking
  • I think the most beautiful aspect of this film is the effort and heart that went into the characters of this film
  • This is a horror film and there are definitely disturbing elements and moments where the tension is palpable

• by AmethystTear

Let The Right One In is a film I have been wanting to see for quite awhile. Horror fans have been making their lists of their favorite genre film and more and more often you see this one popping up. Since the list is long of films I want to view I started to wonder if I would ever get around to it. I am so glad that I did. A Swedish film that is being remade in the United States, I thought this movie was a strange combination of scary,

tender and heartbreaking.

I think the most beautiful aspect of this film is the effort and heart that went into the characters of this film. Both Eli and Oskar are well concieved and we come to care about both of these children despite their glaring flaws. The relationships that develops between them is a tender, unconditional one and the circumstances revealed to us cause us to think about how sometimes even the most shocking revelations still cannot break something that is true. The purity of the love (more platonic than ...

• amorous) between these two characters is riveting.

Of course, that alone would not make the film so memorable. This is a horror film and there are definitely disturbing elements and moments where the tension is palpable. While there is some bloody moments overall the movie uses the circumstances and our affection for the characters rather than gore to draw us into the chills. I think the acting is far above the level you would expect for such young beings to exhibit. This takes the movie to another as well. Finally

the snowy, somewhat oppresive setting of the film adds to the feel of the movie as well. I felt very much like Oskar had few choices in his life and that he was slowly withdrawing into himself and away from the world that treats him so haphazardly and at time brutally.

I definitely will not forget this film anytime soon. I have never seen a film in Swedish before, much less a horror film but I definitely think the Swedes this this very well. It’s scary, haunting but most of all beautifully done.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 119061135000730/k2311a069/6.9.10