Revlon ColorStay, Liquid Foundation Makeup with SoftFlex, SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin  » Cosmetics  »
  • The problem with powder foundations is that it tends to absorb oil on the face and turns couple of shades darker, giving my face a dull leathery appearance
  • I noticed how bright and glowing my face looked on the side I had applied the ColorStay foundation
  • I know it was not a good idea to apply makeup over my existing powder foundation, which was no doubt drenched in oil, but I just couldn’t resist
  • I was so happy with this trial that I decided to buy the bottle the very next day
  • I have noticed that a lot of make-up gurus on the net consider it to be on par with the MAC studio fix foundation while costing much lesser

• by true_value

Because of my overly sensitive oily skin I had always stayed away from liquid foundations. I had to be content using Oil-free two-way powder foundations.

The problem with powder foundations is that it tends to absorb oil on the face and turns couple of shades darker, giving my face a dull leathery appearance. I would have to wipe the powder off several times a day and do a fresh application. I had tried the oil-blotter sheets but they only make my face oilier.

Many years back I had used a liquid foundation and my skin broke like hell. Since then I cringe at the sight of them.

I haven’t seen many liquid foundations in the drugstore that is specially made for oily skin types. I have only seen some claiming to be oil free but it is not meant specifically for oily skin types as such.

Being a fan of Revlon products especially their mascaras and lipsticks, when I saw the Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation for oily/combination skin from them I wanted to try it out. At browsed through the testers and went for the 310

warm beige. I tried it at the back of my hand and was amazed at the silky texture and how seamlessly it blended. Looking at the effect I wanted to see how it would look on my face.

Instead of doing the usual jaw line test I applied it on one side of my whole face and checked in the mirror. I noticed how bright and glowing my face looked on the side I had applied the ColorStay foundation. I do this because I have made many wrong choices by just testing on the jaw line. I quickly applied on the other side too and blended, my whole face looked fresh and awake. Luckily there were not many people in the store or they would have thought I was crazy.

I know it was not a good idea to apply makeup over my existing powder foundation, which was no doubt drenched in oil, but I just couldn’t resist. It was my office lunch break when I did this and when I got back to office my colleague asked if I had just washed my face.

I ...

• wore the foundation for the rest of the day till I went home in the evening and I was still looking fresh and there was no signs or warnings of any breakout about to happen or any irritation.

The foundation came off easily with my cleanser and I didn’t see any residue on my toner pad. I was so happy with this trial that I decided to buy the bottle the very next day.

The label on the bottle claims to look and feel fresh all day, the SoftFlex provides all-day comfort, gives oil-free shine control for a natural, flawless look and is transfer resistant. I paid about S$26.00 for the fairly big bottle of 30 ml.

Using it on cleansed and moisturized face was easy as breeze and it worked really well with my Olay moisturizer. It blended like silk and instantly brightened my face. Also it matched my skin tone perfectly. It looked so natural that I myself felt like I wasn’t wearing any foundation.

The foundation does not oxidize or darken like the powder foundation and stays looking as fresh as it looked on application

whole day. I only use a very thin application because I don’t use makeup to hide my spots I just need to keep my face looking fresh.

But still, even with a light application it covers well and gives a flawless finish. For those of you who want more coverage can easily achieve it with a second application for medium to full coverage, as this does not look caked or fake on skin.

In fact my colleagues think my skin has improved and then I can’t stop myself from telling them about the wonderful foundation that I have been using. I love it as it is gentle to my sensitive skin and gives it a dewy healthy glow and does not irritate my skin or given me breakouts.

The good selection of shades available makes it easy to find a suitable shade. I myself who always had trouble finding a good match did not have any trouble choosing.

I highly recommend this wonderful, lightweight foundation. I have noticed that a lot of make-up gurus on the net consider it to be on par with the MAC studio fix foundation while costing much lesser.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 319061134600730/k2311a069/6.9.10