The Rolling Stones - Stupid Girl (Song)
  • Jagger’s vocal delivery can be described as somewhat condemning, particularly in the last verse, but again, I really recommend that people not take these lyrics so seriously or close to heart

• by Grimmy101

Stupid Girl is a track by The Rolling Stones which appears on their record Aftermath. Stupid Girl opens up with a quick drum part before developing a very light-hearted rhythm which stays pretty much constant throughout the song, or at least some variation of it.

I’ve read a few things written about this song which say the lyrics to the song are sexist or degrading towards women, and I suppose on

a superficial and surface level you could say that this is a far statement.

I really don’t know enough about The Rolling Stones to be defending them against this argument but I’m quite sure that it was not their intent to really offend females and people really shouldn’t be taking the lyrics so seriously.

Back to the song, as I said, the rhythm which opens the song is pretty much constant ...

• throughout the track and the song pretty much follows a predictable structure of intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, etc.

or a traditional pattern like that.

Nothing in Stupid Girl really strikes me as all that great but at the same time the song isn’t that bad.

lyrics so seriously or close to heart.

If you feel you may be offended by questionably sexist or degrading lyrics towards women in this song, although in actuality there are songs which are just ineffably worse in this area, then I’d not listen to this song.

Overall, the song has a catchy melody and certainly grew on me after listening a few times, but not among my favorites by The Rolling Stones.

Will Ivers says :

Girls are actually stupid. The song shows me how stupid girls really are. I’ve tried making friends with girls and I only made friends with 2 girls and they are black girls. I’m a 9 year older and girls are actually stupid. Believe me, girls are stupid.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 149061134430630/k2311a069/6.9.10