P90X workout  » Health  »
  • The plyometrics day is definitely the hardest- that is the second workout in the set and it really uses muscles that I barely ever use in any other type of workout

• by Stroots

My husband and I ordered P90X because we wanted a challenging fitness program that would be easy to do at home. Well, what we actually got was so much more than that- it’s actually a whole lifestyle change.

P90X is a great way to get into shape- but don’t expect it to be easy. Other people’s before and after pictures really inspired me and made

me believe in the program, but what I glossed over was the fact that I actually have to do the hard work to see those results! This is an intense, six-days-a-week program that requires an hour to an hour and a half of serious fitness each day. I’m currently in my second week and I am so sore that I can barely move! The plyometrics day is definitely the hardest- that is the second workout in the set and it really uses muscles that I barely ever use in any other type of workout.

I personally love the workout, but I do have to say that my husband, who surfs, bikes, and hikes frequently, already gave up. He hates the fact that you work out inside, in your ...

• P90X workout
      own living room, and he can’t stand the trainer, Tony Horton, on the DVDs. While I admit that he can be a little annoying, the DVDs give you an option to turn off the music and the commentary, which can make it much less irritating.

I haven’t seen any results yet, but I expect to see them soon. I must also note that there is

a nutrition plan that comes with the P90X workout- if you follow both the workout and the nutrition plans, then you will see maximum results (according to the box). If you only follow the workout plan, then your results will take longer to show up, and be less dramatic. Either way, doing this fitness program is intense, and will definitely boost your energy and self-esteem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 349061134190630/k2311a069/6.9.10