Dove Go Fresh Energize  » Cosmetics  »
  • So far, I didn’t have much luck with their go fresh series in terms of overall showering experience
  • This time around when I saw their Grapefruit and Lemongrass body wash I thought of giving it a shot
  • A little bit oozed out and I noticed that it was a gel type body wash with pretty yellow beads and the gel itself was had a pale yellow tint but looked almost colorless
  • Without further hesitation, I bought the 550ml bottle with the pump dispenser for S$6.00
  • I highly recommend this sparkling fresh body wash to get you up and going in the mornings

• by true_value

There is nothing like a refreshing shower especially in the morning. I love Dove body washes. I had just finished my Dove Cool Moisture Body Wash with Green Tea and Cucumber and wanted to get a new bottle.

So far, I didn’t have much luck with their go fresh series in terms of overall showering experience. No doubt they all smell lovely but because of my sensitive oily skin only some have left me with breakouts on my back. I have earlier tried their Go Fresh Water lily and Fresh mint body wash but it didn’t suit my skin type and so I was sticking with my cool moisture body wash.

This time around when I saw their Grapefruit and Lemongrass body wash I thought of giving it a shot. I liked the idea of citrus as it is considered

suitable for oily skin types. It smelt so fresh and juicy and energizing just as it is named. I squeezed the bottle a bit to check what the body wash looked like.

A little bit oozed out and I noticed that it was a gel type body wash with pretty yellow beads and the gel itself was had a pale yellow tint but looked almost colorless. The packaging is the same as all dove body washes in that tear drop shape with a small flip open cap for the small bottle and pump dispenser on the 550ml and 1000ml bottles. The bottles were yellow in color and looked bright and sunny with the grapefruit and lemongrass illustration.

The ingredients list did not have the mention of the dreaded petrolatum or mineral oil. I have oily skin ...

• and those two don’t make me feel clean. Also I liked the fact that it had glycerin and real extract of lemongrass and grapefruit. Without further hesitation, I bought the 550ml bottle with the pump dispenser for S$6.00.

When I used it in the shower I noticed that the texture of the body was is not as thin as the Go Fresh Water lily body wash that I had used. This was thicker with the consistency of honey. At first I tried it directly on my body as it had the beads and I thought it might be exfoliating. It lathered well, but the beads I realized are not exfoliants, or rather not exfoliating enough, they melt on application and I could hardly feel them on my skin. But it does not matter to me as

I use a good scrub cloth and don’t depend on my body washes for exfoliation.

The showering experience was wonderful with those invigorating scents of grapefruit and lemon grass. And it rinsed off clean without leaving a filmy feel as is the case with all other dove body washes and I felt so clean and refreshed.

My skin felt satin soft and silky smooth afterwards. Because I have oily skin and the body wash suited my skin so beautifully, I guess it may be a tad drying for dry skins.

I really love this body wash right now and the way my skin feels after every use. As for me this is the best body wash of all that I have used so far.

I highly recommend this sparkling fresh body wash to get you up and going in the mornings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318061133781130/k2311a068/6.8.10