Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I don't think that it smells like cucumbers, I never really smelled cucumbers before so I wouldn't be sure though
  • The first thing that I noticed after reading what this was, was that it doesn't even look like a lotion
  • It's liquidy like a toner and sudsy like a cleanser so I was definitely confused on how this is a lotion
  • This Special Cucumber Lotion didn't make my skin feel greasy, oily or anything when I applied it although it did go on very liquidy and I thought that it was going to be oily and greasy on my skin, I was surprised that it didn't , it dried quite decently after a few minutes
  • I wouldn't recommend buying this to anyone

• by JCandyce

I placed an order online at Mario Badescu from a few acne products and when I got it they also sent m a few samples with my order. This Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion was one of the samples that they sent me.

For this being free, as it was a sample and I didn’t buy it, I can not complain about how small the size is. The smell is pretty pleasant, it’s not that strong but no so light that you can’t smell it. I don’t think that it smells like cucumbers, I never really smelled cucumbers before so I wouldn’t be sure though.

The first thing that I noticed after reading what this was, was that it doesn’t even look like a lotion. It looks far away from lotion as you can get. It’s liquidy like a

toner and sudsy like a cleanser so I was definitely confused on how this is a lotion.

After I washed my face with my regular cleanser and let my face dry for a few minutes. I applied a little of this on my skin and it didn’t even feel like a lotion, it felt very much like a toner.

This Special Cucumber Lotion didn’t make my skin feel greasy, oily or anything when I applied it although it did go on very liquidy and I thought that it was going to be oily and greasy on my skin, I was surprised that it didn’t , it dried quite decently after a few minutes.

I used this for a few nights, which the sample was only enough for about 2 weeks and at the end of the 2nd week I ...

• didn’t notice anything in my skin, any improvements or anything. I didn’t know what this was suppose to do at all but I didn’t see any difference in my acne, acne scars, oily skin, the texture of my skin, my pores (which are very small and aren’t even noticeable) etc, there was no difference in my skin whatsoever.

The only things that I liked about this Special Cucumber Lotion is that it didn’t irritate my skin at all, it didn’t make it itch, more dry, or red at all. This lotion also didn’t make me breakout and I saw on the bottle that it’s for Combination and oily skin types but I didn’t see any less oil on my skin when my face got oily.

So I guess it didn’t hurt to try this Special Cucumber Lotion because it

didn’t irritate my skin in anyway and I didn’t waste money on buying something that ended up not working for me because I got this for free as a sample in one of my orders so really I didn’t lose anything by trying this.

I definitely wont be buying the full size of this because I didn’t like it at all and it didn’t even do anything that I could notice. I wouldn’t recommend buying this to anyone. Maybe it would have been better if it actually looked, felt and went on like a lotion, I don’t know but this is definitely one of the weirdest products that I’ve ever used.

I’m giving this Special Cucumber Lotion a 3 because it didn’t irritate my skin at all, which was really the only thing that was good about this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318061133631130/k2311a068/6.8.10