The Ray Bradbury Theater: The Black Ferris TV Show
  • I think I like watching these two young actors more than anything else, though

• by Orrymain

As respects the August 10, 1990 airing of The Ray Bradbury Theater: The Black Ferris, I’m going to start by saying that I went nuts trying to figure out where I’d seen the main young boy in this story. His real name, Zachary Bennett, was familiar but I couldn’t place him. He was good in this story, though, very good, if fact. Finally, I gave

in and looked him up. Bennett played Felix on The Road to Avonlea. I knew I knew him from somewhere. He was a little obnoxious in Avonlea, but here in The Black Ferris, he’s very intelligent and fun to watch.

Bennett’s character is Hank Walterson, who with his friend, Pete (Nathaniel Moreau, probably best known as young Peter Caine in Kung Fu: The Legend Continues) make ...

• a startling discovery. There’s something weird going on with the Ferris wheel. It was going backwards, and in the process the old man named Cooger who ran it became younger. In fact, he existed the amusement wheel as a child.

Hank and Pete try to warn their parents about what’s going on, but no one believes them, which isn’t difficult to understand. It’s a pretty

far out tale they are telling.

What happens in The Black Ferris after that is a bit of adventure as the boys try to prevent Cooger (Frank Whitten) from getting away with stealing a woman’s life savings. They’re actually very brave.

Overall, this Bradbury adventure is just okay. I think I like watching these two young actors more than anything else, though. They were good young thespians.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 108061133411030/k2311a068/6.8.10